Forums
Posted By: Uffda Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 11:06am
Hi,
I'm not sure if this post is in the right topic but my boiler is not working.
Last night I bled the radiators and lots of air came out.
After that my boiler didn't sound very happy and made a rumbling noise. This morning I woke up with no heating or hot water!!! I've tried pressing buttons on the boiler but really don't know what I'm doing and don't have an manual for it. It's a Valiant Eco Tec Pro 28.
There is a red light showing an the display flashes F.75
I'm about to be unemployed in a couple of weeks so really don't want to call anyone out unless I have to.
Any advice will be VERY welcome to either sort the problem or recommend anyone who can fix it reasonably.
Many thanks,
Vicky
Posted By: red40 Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 11:14am
Presumably you are not in rented accommodation and the boiler isnt under the Valliant guarantee?

Somwehere on the boiler there should be a little gauge (usually behind the pull down boiler cover) that indicates the amount of water pressure in the system, make sure that isnt on zero or there abouts. It may just need the system topping up with water.

HTH
Posted By: Clive Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 11:26am
try turning tap under boiler to fill back up with water, then press reset button.

How much pressure do you put back in? well I put between 1 and 2 on guage in mine, and have no probs.

Hope this helps, failing that pm Dodie or See add for phone number

I could come and sort it, but I dont like messing with gas appliances, (i dont mind topping my own up, but would not do it for other people, incase something happened) I know there is a very small chance something could happen, but I wont take the chance.
Posted By: Manowar1952 Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 11:55am
There is a free servicing, maintenance & troubleshooting manual available online for downloading from here:
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/d7/42/00/ecoTEC_installation_and_servicing.pdf
Posted By: Mark Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 1:18pm
Try this guy / member

Click Me
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 2:30pm
Originally Posted by Willo
try turning tap under boiler to fill back up with water, then press reset button.

How much pressure do you put back in? well I put between 1 and 2 on guage in mine, and have no probs.

withthat
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 3:28pm
your outlet pipe from the boiler may have frozen and thats why your boiler doesn't fire up . check outside first .
Posted By: Uffda Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 4:14pm
Thank you SO much everyone, I'll try all those things now. I've just got back from working on the allotment all day as it was much warmer there than in the house!!!!
Vicky
Posted By: PeterLFC Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 4:33pm
steve from superior heating is great very nice and does great worg and low prices
Posted By: dodie Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 4:45pm
just wanted to say a big thank you to all wiki members that put our name foward thanks dodie superior heating
Posted By: Uffda Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 5:37pm
Hi Everyone,
Thanks to your help I now have heating!!!!!!!!
It was the pressure and when I turned on the tap everything righted itself and my toes are finally defrosting.

Thank you again,

Vicky
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 5:43pm
As said earlier don't set pressure above 2psi (might go a bit above that when hot) - classic way to cause even more problems.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 5:54pm
Pressure relief valve should kick in if too much pressure.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 6:29pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
Pressure relief valve should kick in if too much pressure.
That's the first thing that goes faulty, they have a tendency to get crud in them and not close again properly. Before that pressure is reached the poorly designed expansion vessel goes kaput, radiator valves start weeping etc - its best just to keep the pressure down wink
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Broken Boiler Advice Please!!!! - 8th Feb 2012 6:39pm
Of course!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral