Forums
Posted By: PunchIt Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 4:57pm
Hi everyone, me and my friends all got together throughout last year to make a short film around the Wirral. I'd love it if you guys would give it a watch and hopefully enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCCYLMiLT0&sns=fb
Posted By: Peanut Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:15pm
Bit strange.
Posted By: PunchIt Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:17pm
Thank you smile
Posted By: Peanut Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:19pm
It is good though, very well made. Bit slow buffeting, but that's probably just the Internet.
Posted By: Guevara66 Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:24pm
It's a no from me........

My oversize trousers have spoken!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:44pm
Its a no From me im afraid......
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:53pm
It's ok mate, should be on channel four, short film presentation, that's how David firth started and he's doing well now.
Half of this lot ain't got a clue so take no notice of their pathetic remarks.

Would go well with a pink floyd track as the background score though.

Great effort and well assembled happy
Originally Posted by PunchIt
Hi everyone, me and my friends all got together throughout last year to make a short film around the Wirral. I'd love it if you guys would give it a watch and hopefully enjoy it.

[youtube]yjCCYLMiLT0[/youtube]
Posted By: Peanut Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 5:59pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
It's ok mate, should be on channel four, short film presentation, that's how David firth started and he's doing well now.
Half of this lot ain't got a clue so take no notice of their pathetic remarks.

Would go well with a pink floyd track as the background score though.

Great effort and well assembled happy

[youtube]yjCCYLMiLT0[/youtube]

Yes I agree Ste, would definitely go well with a Pink Floyd track, love Pink Floyd.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:05pm
strange?, but good thanks! enjoyed watching it.
Posted By: Nerrad Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:08pm
Well I liked it. Clearly it's a bit odd but I enjoyed it all the same. Ignore any negative comments it's just disrespectful to the effort that was put in.
Posted By: Guevara66 Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:19pm
I have worked within the Entertainment Industry for many years and one thing that as always been apparent is that it's a cruel world. Because of the large costs involved the standard bar is set very high to be sure that you are going to get quality material and most importantly your money back. It's not fair on people to tell them there work is good enough if it isn't. Honesty can be a cold kick in the nuggets, but it can also be a point to which someone stops wasting their time and focus's on something they are more talented at.
I quite liked the girl tied to the tree though!
Posted By: PunchIt Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:30pm
Hi guys, thanks for all the comments. I kind of new that some people might not get it but it was made for showing off so that's what I'm doing with it.

I'm glad that some people seem to be enjoying it because we had a great time making it. As for giving up making films because we're no good... Thank you for your truth but I actually handed this in for my final mark in university and got a first for it. So although I do appreciate your advice and respect your opinion I think I'll probably carry on for now.

Thanks guys smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:34pm
Hi guys, thanks for all the comments. I kind of new that some people might not get it but it was made for showing off so that's what I'm doing with it.

I'm glad that some people seem to be enjoying it because we had a great time making it. As for giving up making films because we're no good... Thank you for your truth but I actually handed this in for my final mark in university and got a first for it. So although I do appreciate your advice and respect your opinion I think I'll probably carry on for now.

Thanks guys smile

Good luck mate, I'll add you and keep an eye out for future clips happy
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:35pm
Well done for having a go but I'm out.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:39pm
Watched it; well done mate very well put together....
Posted By: dave_h Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:40pm
liked the bit at the start - the rant was hilarious felt it dragged a little in the middle though overall a good effort so well done|!!!!!!!!!!, were was the woods on it?

Posted By: dave_h Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:43pm
the kids got a little squeemish at the heart scene, had to pause it at that point lol
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:48pm
Nice to see a bit of local film making, well done on effort and thanks for sharing, comedy wasn't for me tho I'm afraid It would be good to see a filmed on location list in the description as I found it more interesting trying to identify places than the film itself. That is just my honest opinion.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:52pm
I quite liked it, no problems here with the buffering, but did feel that some parts were dragged out just a little bit longer than were needed trying to get a point across.

It seemed to be a demo of what you can do far more than any plot line, as you seemed to go down several paths without ever concluding one, that's not a criticism if that was what you intended.

Overdid the gore in places, but the heart stomping was good (we've all been there).

Good luck for the future, I've seen a few of these shorts (none with quite so much blood) shown on the big screen in Liverpool, it does get attention.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 6:55pm
I like it. It's alternative and imo meant to be odd. Well done. Bit disappointed you weren't in it fingers but Hazel looks well. xx
Posted By: Wheels Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 7:34pm
strange video, only really watched to see what locations I reconised. I likemaking video myself so we should combine sometime and see what we come up wit smile
Posted By: philmch Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 8:53pm
I like it. He could almost be me when I was younger. smile

Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 9:03pm
Nice effort-but you need to get professional help!! :-)
Posted By: dave_h Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 9:09pm
Originally Posted by FiremanFil

and not for the video hahahaha
Posted By: dave_h Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 9:10pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by FiremanFil

and not for the video hahahaha

if he's at mine he wont be doing the fooking dishes no matter how funny it was lol!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 9:15pm
Exactly, Dave!! lol.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: Please watch my short film - 2nd Jan 2012 9:43pm
Great short video, well made. Not my cup of tea personally but it looked like you had a laugh making it, well done mate.
Posted By: PunchIt Re: Please watch my short film - 3rd Jan 2012 12:50am
Regarding the filming most of the street stuff was just around Bebington and Spital where we live. The woods where in Eastham and the bit with the car crash was Campbeltown road in Birkenhead. Oh and the train station was Port Sunlight.

And yeah sorry about the blood I probably should have mentioned that but I forgot about it. We're two lads in our early twenties so it's just too tempting for us to not make it gory.

Anyway so thanks for all the comments and thanks for watching. It's nice to finally show off something that we really enjoyed making smile
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Please watch my short film - 3rd Jan 2012 1:13am
Keep going mate. Steven Spielberg started out like that. Follow your dream. "Non Tatum Illegitemus Carborundum!!" :-)
Posted By: dva99999 Re: Please watch my short film - 3rd Jan 2012 7:34am
It was strange and odd, but the thing is like most strange and odd things, I watched it until the end (like Kill List). I felt so sorry for the main character it was almost uncomfortable, like watching a loser sinking further and further into his own world. I nearly jumped out if my skin at the car accident, that was excellent. The guns had to be there as part of the escapism so I understood it. I don't know much about making films and how they are out together but I found this strangely enjoyable and feel that with a bit of effort anyone could have a go.
Nice one.
Posted By: PunchIt Re: Please watch my short film - 3rd Jan 2012 11:14am
Wow that's really kind of you to say and I'm glad you liked it. I guess that's pretty much how we hoped people would feel so thanks!

Throughout making it we tried to make certain elements fairly ambiguous so that lots of different people would have different opinions of what is happening. So what did people think was actually going on? Specifically regarding things like the deal with his Mum and what happens at the end?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Please watch my short film - 3rd Jan 2012 11:46am
I thought it was very good for a first attempt. Jumped at the car accident and liked the 'LOL' on the oters registation plate.
Good luck with your future and follow your dream.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral