Forums
just been to greasby & sainsburys/green king are at it again.
New planning application APP/11/01418, deadline is 5th Jan 2012. If you objected to the first one, that now doesn't count, so please go & object to this one if you don't want another sainsburys store in Greasby.

Thanks
When these supermarkets own all the land and are no longer viable because there are too many - who will they sell to or what will they develop?
To be honest i hope it does go ahead and for two reason's. The Co,op is a utter rip off...and has got away with overally charged prices for years, plus the staff our rubbish. They ignor you and constantly chat and gossip.
also if it goes ahead. this would mean co,op would have to reduce there prices to resonable prices. Which they won't at the moment as they don't have any compition....hence the rip of prices.
These supermarkets will keep on making applications again and again until they get what they want. Same as builders, they will keep on re-applying, hoping people will have forgotten, crafty beggars.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Planning Application for Sainsburys @ Red Cat - 17th Dec 2011 10:47pm
Been told today that Sainsburys are also trying to get lookers Liscard.
trust me its a good thing for locals on price wise and also... people keep parking on the pub grounds to do shopping and have no right...ok yeah its spare land but we all need change and cheaper food etc is always welcome.
Bring em on, the more there is` the cheaper theyll become,But dont build them in my Town put them somewhere else!that would be appropriate!! verysorry verysorry
everytime i go in the co,op which is not often,i think some drunk has gone mad with the price gun:o,only go in for the offers now,robbing fookersmad
Agreed, the Co-op is only worth using for 'top-up' shopping on the way home from work or similar. However, what about what would happen to Lewis's, which is an excellent shop, or the shop bit of the Post Office, or the Cabbage Patch and Stamens, the greetings card shop, etc? They would all be badly damaged if Sainsbury's came. The new store would also totally overshadow the new reading garden at the childrens centre, which would be a great shame. Price is important in these difficult times, but so is maintaining the character of the village; it's part of what makes Greasby an attractive place to live.
Well if the pub owners banned people from useing there carpark full stop! and lets face it...it's people shopping. Then folk with cars would get peed off about no car spaces so would shop else where. I agree, the butches and veg shop is 30 maybe more percent cheaper than co op and people will always go back to them.
Have just heard that the deadline will actually be 12th January, and there will be a public meeting on 3rd or 4th, details to follow. That gives a bit more time for objectors to make their feelings known.
Just heard the application has been passed.......
Yes. Hmph. I believe the plans have been tweaked a bit to address the problem of overshadowing the Children's Centre,which is a plus, but that means the goods wagons will be negotiating that bend by the Cat where the bus stop is, adding to congestion in the village. Really not impressed.
http://www.pcs.planningportal.gov.uk/pcsportal/ViewCase.asp?caseid=2174911&coid=2174138
© Wirral-Wikiwirral