Forums
Posted By: ResearcherTony Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 4:50pm
Have any of you thought about joining the police, its a great job and you will feel better in yourself knowing that your are helping your area be free of crime and drugs etc.

Police Community Support Officers are members of support staff employed, directed and managed by their Police Force. They will work to complement and support regular police officers, providing a visible and accessible uniformed presence to improve the quality of life in the community and offer greater public reassurance.
PCSOs are not replacement police officers but are there to address some of the tasks that do not require the experience or powers held by police officers, which often take officers away from more appropriate duties.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 5:25pm
I think there's a few members on here already. wink
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 5:26pm
Brilliant news, Thank you for pointing this out.

Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 5:34pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup

Which, Coppers or PCSO's?
Posted By: hoseman Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 5:49pm
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Originally Posted by poodlepup

Which, Coppers or PCSO's?

When he said `members` i think he means penises!! LOL
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 5:52pm
Lol @ Hoseman
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 6:21pm
PCSO's are a waste of time. its just a waste of money. have you seen the way pcso's are treated/spoken to by teens? they know the 'blue bands' don't have the power of arrest so just tell them to do one. they r a joke. for every 3 PCSO's there are we could have 2 full power police officers but all they care is having the numbers out there. 200 police officers or 300 PSCO's with VERY limited powers? PSCO's should be scrapped
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 6:24pm
I think more powers should be given back to the police officers to deal with teenagers of today, a good clip round the ear is what many need. Aswell as more punishment, this would happen with removal of the pc brigade and new ammendments to the human rights act.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 6:33pm
give da officers tazers an the rights to use on youths of today. bet ya's would get respected then lol
Posted By: keving Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 6:49pm
Often see PCSO's stood at traffic lights with a radio, grassing on people that don't have there seat belt on, and they then get pulled round the corner. Very unfulfilling days work i'd have thought.

"Nice day at work dear?"
"Yeah I got 120 people fined for not wearing seat belts"

Also seems as though they always walk round in pairs, surely it's cheaper and better to have 1 real copper walk round then 2 pretend coppers?
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 8:06pm
ive always refered to them as laptops because there not quite pc`s now are they
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 8:06pm
Well, I wish there were a few PCSO's round here. That would free up the Traffic Units to catch the Knights .. sorry, Thugs of the Road in their speeding HGV's and the idiot braindeads straight out of Kindergarten in their flash (they think) motors.

A small village next to where I live with a 30mph limit with warning matrix signs. Ignored by these Oxygen Thieves. Grrrrrr.

A single shot .762 should be built into the speed guns. (IMHO of course) There again, I'm just a big softie I guess.

Posted By: Mike2 Re: Police Community Support Officers - 28th Nov 2011 8:20pm
Ok, to carry the computer analogy on...

The police are setting up a cybercrime unit - iPlods - they don't use PCs any more.

Posted By: ASE71 Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 12:01am
Support officers are a waste of time, there powers are too limited and the tasks they are given don't really take the strain off the uniformed copper to any extend that matters.

Uniformed police officers are not the officers of yesteryear. They are too tied up in red tape which prevents them from doing the job effectively, put under too much pressure to record crime being dealt with to boost figures and over the years this has resulted in a uniformed police force who simply cant be arsed, they dont want to deal with any REAL crime as its too much trouble and are happy doing as little as possible as long as they get their salary, paid holidays and ofcourse the pension at the end of it.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 12:06am
Not ALL are like that ASE wink
Posted By: Nomad Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 12:21am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

A single shot .762 should be built into the speed guns. (IMHO of course)

Fired that caliber a good few times

Nomad
Posted By: hoseman Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 6:50pm
Hmmmm, you are both being a bit soft there on them....in my honest and expert opinion, a speed gun could quite easily be adapted to carry a .45 or 50 cal!!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 7:54pm
LMFAO@iPlods!! lolol. Genius!!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Police Community Support Officers - 29th Nov 2011 7:58pm
It's actually 7.62!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 12:13pm
7.62 is equivelant to .30 cal, thats why i went for the 45 or 50 cal!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 12:39pm
Actually, 7.62mm is the metric equivalent of the .308" Winchester, which is a powerful cartridge which I've used to hunt deer. When the military adopted this round, they simply gave it the metric bullet diameter.
On a similar theme, when a more powerful handgun cartridge than the .38 special was developed, to be used in heavy-frame Smith & Wesson handguns, re-chambered with a longer cylinder, they simply called it by the true bullet diameter of the .38, which is .357, to which they added the designation "magnum". Because the .357 magnum cartridge is slightly longer than the .38, it will not chamber in a .38 revolver, which is just as well!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 5:31pm
big thumbs up to all the people who do this job, They may not have the powers of the "proper" bobby but its good to have a police presence in and around the area

Our local chap who i see out and about is really nice and has been a boon for the area, not that its rough round here wink
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 6:32pm
Originally Posted by jabber
big thumbs up to all the people who do this job, They may not have the powers of the "proper" bobby but its good to have a police presence in and around the area

Our local chap who i see out and about is really nice and has been a boon for the area, not that its rough round here wink

Sorry Jabber, had to laugh. If it was a rough area you probably wouldn't see one for dust. Just an observation I've made, no offence intended.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 6:57pm
I think you might be right BC - saw three this afternoon in Heswall in the space of five minutes.
Posted By: Oddone Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 10:00pm
Id quite like to see some of the arm chair warriors of this forum, who enjoy the regular witch hunt threads try wearing the uniform of a PCSO for the day. smile
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 10:05pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Originally Posted by jabber

Sorry Jabber, had to laugh. If it was a rough area you probably wouldn't see one for dust. Just an observation I've made, no offence intended.

none taken ,im really lucky and glad to be where i am, but its not too far to the "victoria rd" area and i see them down there a fair bit.

personally i think they should be trained up and given fully paid jobs and sent out there ! the more the better
Posted By: janazca Re: Police Community Support Officers - 30th Nov 2011 10:08pm
I live on the beechwood est we had some trouble with youths the police where not interested but the pcso was brilliant. He phoned a couple of times a week , gave me loads of advise, and made regular patrols in this area. I admit they do not have any real power and the kids who where causing the trouble did take the mick out of the pcso but after he got in touch with their parents a couple of times the trouble stopped. Then they moved him to liverpool because he did so well here lol xx Oh well it was good while it lasted xx
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Police Community Support Officers - 1st Dec 2011 1:30pm
When it comes to the police I tend to lean towards the right, they should be allowed to sort things out themselves, within the law of course, and use their own descretion. The bad arses should be weeded out i.e. those on the take and those who abuse their power, because they are still subject to the law themselves. Judges who say that it is ok to swear at the police when they are doing their job should also be sent to the knackers yard. Bring back proper law and order and a bit of rough justice, who knows it may just get the country civil again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral