Forums
Posted By: Squirtle Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 3:27pm
Just wondering if anyone has been to the Chinese Buffet in Liscard?!?!?

Is it worth a trip? Whats the food like? etc etc

Cheers

eek
Posted By: Nigel Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 3:31pm
Originally Posted by Squirtle
Just wondering if anyone has been to the Chinese Buffet in Liscard?!?!?

Is it worth a trip? Whats the food like? etc etc

Cheers

eek

I have had extensive past experiance in this type of resturant, when they first open they are brill. But not been to this one.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 3:32pm
if its the one by wilkinsons, there's a thread on here about it , quite a few people been ill from there
Posted By: Squirtle Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 3:39pm
It is the one by Wilkinsons. Could paste the thread details for me please. i could not find anything when i searched

cheers
Posted By: Squirtle Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 4:07pm
anyone got the previous thread details re this restaurant?!?!
Posted By: JGL4693 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 4:33pm
Certainly isn't worth a trip! I went on the Friday just gone and it was absolutely appauling. The prawn toast is genuinely from Iceland and the 'seaweed' is crispy cabbage... As well as this, the food was cold.

I am genuinely the most unfussy person when it comes to food. Even when I went there, although most of it was tasteless and cold, I still ate it. But I definitely will not be returning. Plus it wasn't exactly cheap for the quality. I'd suggest Tso's in Liverpool, Red Hot in Liverpool One or Wongs in Moreton.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 5:28pm
thanks for that JG, excellent review!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 22nd Nov 2011 6:08pm
was thinking of going on my next visit to Wirral, but not now.
Posted By: Lil_bird Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 23rd Nov 2011 8:00am
It is awful!!!! I can however, heartily recommend the Sun Ying restaurant in Grange Road West, Birkenhead. It is reasonably priced and the food, in my humble opinion is excellent. I am going back there today for lunch yum xx
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 23rd Nov 2011 9:01am
I've heard both good and bad of this place. My two daughters don't like it and say the food is rubbish, my lad and his missus goes there when he is on leave and he likes it. I've deliberately given it a miss.

I believe the Sun Ying is very good though
Posted By: markeee Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 23rd Nov 2011 1:28pm
i used to swear by the capitol in bhead but now best and its cheap is ming vase prenton food is mega.

Posted By: rachelvic Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 24th Nov 2011 9:40am
knowing somebody worked in this restaurant , i would never eat there after hearing the state of the kitchen...bit of advice
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 24th Nov 2011 12:10pm
From what I know this place needs to close itself down, employ some new and competent staff and start using genuine restaurant suppliers. It is an embarrassment at the moment. I must say though the fish and chip restaurant on the other side is getting rave reviews locally.....maybe keeping it simple is the answer??
Posted By: janazca Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 24th Nov 2011 7:41pm
My daughter and son-in -law went there, cold food, RAW chicken they came out and went to the chippy lol x
Wongs in morton is great hot food, good choice of things , brilliant with kids (we take are grandchildren with us sometimes) they love it xx staff do not bother u but if u need anything they are really helpfull , totally relaxed, omg iam starving now but got to go out with my dog to ringcraft now. Might just go tomorrow to wongslol xx
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 24th Nov 2011 8:32pm
i will give another vote for sun ying in grange road birkenhead,been there loads and loads as you could tell by the size of my guts if you could see me.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 24th Nov 2011 9:27pm
Originally Posted by rachelvic
knowing somebody worked in this restaurant , i would never eat there after hearing the state of the kitchen...bit of advice
Thanks for the heads up happy

4 year ago some mug told me food delivery was a good top up on top of a full paid job, so, I thought I'd give it a go, absolute 100% crap job. I lasted 3 days and left, tara, see ya, byeee!
Whilst in the kitchen taking orders from the phone which they said I wouldn't have to do and I was fuming I noticed all the dust, hairs, dead insects around the floor.
Also the people working making the pizzas where not wearing hairnets nor gloves and would eat from the containers with the pizza toppings in.
That was a pizza shop in west kirby.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 25th Nov 2011 1:01pm
Originally Posted by rachelvic

withthat
also I have seen one of the chefs at the side door having a fag break , but when he finished he spits into his hands wips his hands on to his clothes, omg I have seen this twice now. snob
Posted By: luckycharm Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 25th Nov 2011 2:10pm
yuk frown
Posted By: julie253 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 25th Nov 2011 2:12pm
That's awful. I keep looking in as I drive past and it never seems to have many customers. Was waiting til it was up andrunning for a few months before we tried it - don't think we will now.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 25th Nov 2011 2:15pm
thats the ticket julie, we dont need those kind around here smile

Theres a nice indian in wallasey village smile
Posted By: Silverback Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 25th Nov 2011 2:53pm

Guess the owners won't be availing themselves of this offer any time soon then.

Posted By: Nigel Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 30th Nov 2011 3:17pm
Originally Posted by JGL4693
Certainly isn't worth a trip! I went on the Friday just gone and it was absolutely appauling. The prawn toast is genuinely from Iceland and the 'seaweed' is crispy cabbage... As well as this, the food was cold.

I am genuinely the most unfussy person when it comes to food. Even when I went there, although most of it was tasteless and cold, I still ate it. But I definitely will not be returning. Plus it wasn't exactly cheap for the quality. I'd suggest Tso's in Liverpool, Red Hot in Liverpool One or Wongs in Moreton.

Red Hot in Liverpool is amazing and well worth a visit!
Posted By: julie253 Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 30th Nov 2011 4:07pm
Ste - we went to the indian in Wallasey Village a while back. Absolutely bizarre!! Staff hardly spoke to us.
There was me and my hubby and another couple both at opposite ends of the restaurant and a lady with her son (age about 7) came in. She asked for a table for two and the waiter just looked around the room and then looked back at her and just said "No". She looked around the room - we looked around the room and couldn't understand why he had said no. She asked for a takeaway and he just said I suppose. Then, a man came in who we suspect was the bossman, and the atmosphere changed totally, he came over and said Hi to us and asked if our meal was nice. Really strange!!
Posted By: daveybm Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 1st Mar 2012 2:45pm
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this Chinese Buffet (Red Hot Palace) is now closed for refurbishment, even tho' it has only been open for about 8 months, I wonder if it will reopen again and whether it will improve.

Dave
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Chinese buffet in Liscard - 1st Mar 2012 2:52pm
Was going to go there tomoz lol

Drive past yesterday and seen it was shut
© Wirral-Wikiwirral