Forums
Posted By: ianyam River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 6:48pm
Hi all, I was down at Egremont ferry today and noticed that the green channel buoy has gone, does anybody know why. This buoy has been there since I was a young lad. Thanks in advance. http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1407022
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 7:44pm
Is nothing safe

Attached picture scrap.jpg
Posted By: ianyam Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 7:47pm
haha very good paranoid.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 7:49pm
They get pulled for painting now and then, is that picture the one you were thinking of, or was it the "egg" boy?

CLICKY

Thinking about it, I spotted the dredger off Bromborough the other day, they might have taken the chains in to enable dredging.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 7:54pm
I've just read that a green conical buoy is currently lashed to Seacombe Landing Stage presumably having broken from
its moorings.
Posted By: ianyam Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 8:34pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
They get pulled for painting now and then, is that picture the one you were thinking of, or was it the "egg" boy?

CLICKY

Thinking about it, I spotted the dredger off Bromborough the other day, they might have taken the chains in to enable dredging.

Yes, thats the one. Thanks for the possible reasons.
Posted By: davew3 Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 10:58pm
They woz dredging that area on Friday, I didn't see it get moved as the could have done that the day before, Fort Perch Rock is a good spot to watch from, I think it was WD Mersey working that area on Tuesday and they were there on Friday, they are my visits to the fort days.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 13th Nov 2011 11:10pm
Here's the dredger that was parked up

Attached picture DSCF2506-s.jpg
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 14th Nov 2011 1:11pm
Thats a dredging barge which holds the end of a pipe line. The dredger ties up alongside and pumps the sand ashore near to the white powder factory in bromborough.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 14th Nov 2011 9:44pm
Originally Posted by TRFCKrisTRFC
Thats a dredging barge which holds the end of a pipe line. The dredger ties up alongside and pumps the sand ashore near to the white powder factory in bromborough.
Thanks for the info thumbsup
Posted By: Wench Re: River Mersey Green Channel Buoy - 14th Nov 2011 10:32pm
I watched them come in on Friday morning. I took a picture of them on my mobile but can't find the bluetooth thing at the moment but once I find it, I'll upload them.

At least now I know what they were smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral