Forums
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 7:40pm
We need to hire a van for the day at the end of this week, does anybody know roughly how much it is?

Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 7:48pm
Birkenhead Van Hire, £65
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 7:55pm
£54 transit
£61 long wheel base transit
£66 box van

Birkenhead Van Hire
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:00pm
Thanks for that, thought it would roughly be around £60
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:03pm
£10 deposit, + fuel, take it back with same amount you get it with
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:24pm
Thanks Willo, do you know how much notice they need?
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:29pm
they are normally booked full up, i went down last weds to book one for Sat and paid £10 deposit, got there sat, and as they had none in, they had to upgrade me to a box van for same price as a long wheel base.
Just make sure that who ever is driving, they have to pay with credit card or debit card, it has to be the driver.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:47pm
do you actually need it for the day or can you do what you need in four hours as BVH also do short hire and try to remember not to over fuel the vehicle better to put a minimum in eg: if your staying local work to £10 - £15. Also remember to get whoever is driving to take both parts of licence in on booking
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 8:56pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
do you actually need it for the day or can you do what you need in four hours as BVH also do short hire and try to remember not to over fuel the vehicle better to put a minimum in eg: if your staying local work to £10 - £15. Also remember to get whoever is driving to take both parts of licence in on booking
believe it or not, its the same price for 4hrs as it is for the 24hrs
Posted By: reddragon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:03pm
thats ridiculous oh and while I remember whatever time you pick the van up eg: 3pm u pay for 24 hours and it still has to be back at bvh for 8.30 following day
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:05pm
thats ridiculous oh and while I remember whatever time you pick the van up eg: 3pm u pay for 24 hours and it still has to be back at bvh for 8.30 following day
yep, they need to sort there pricing out.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:06pm
do bvh still ask you about twenty questions about what you want the van for and how far you'll be going in it etc?

my uncle got a van from them last year, the thing struggled to do 60mph, he had to go to newquay-dundee-back home sat at 60mph max!!

i always use enterprise, don't think i have ever had a van more than 12 months old.
think the last one i got was £65 per day for a lwb hi top with two drivers.
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:08pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
do bvh still ask you about twenty questions about what you want the van for and how far you'll be going in it etc?

my uncle got a van from them last year, the thing struggled to do 60mph, he had to go to newquay-dundee-back home sat at 60mph max!!
no, they dont ask any questions, just ask to see both parts of licence. and tell you to make your first trip to petrol station
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:21pm
Great information, thanks guys.

We are only doing a few trips to the tip with the conifers we`ve cut down and going to pick a divan bed up from huyton, thats it.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:22pm
which is miles away lol
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:23pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx
Great information, thanks guys.

We are only doing a few trips to the tip with the conifers we`ve cut down and going to pick a divan bed up from huyton, thats it.
make sure you have permits to go tip in van, before you hire the van or you will not be allowed to tip
Posted By: reddragon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:24pm
be careful rference the tip as theres a need for a pass for commercial vehicles dunno bout hire vans dont you know anyone with a car and towbar and use a trailer instead.

Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:29pm
be careful rference the tip as theres a need for a pass for commercial vehicles dunno bout hire vans dont you know anyone with a car and towbar and use a trailer instead.

nedd to give permit and show hire documents, also you need a permit for trailer if its bigger than 2 metres.

I have 2 permits spare, but they are in my name, which means if you wanted to use them, the van would have to be in my name
Posted By: AllanKeys Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:29pm
C, You need a permit to go the tip with a van i'm think not sure time frame to get one though.

Allan (Daichi):)
Posted By: AllanKeys Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:30pm
pipped to the post with that nugget of information by 31 secs smile
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:32pm
Good call Willo. They have a hight bar at clatterbridge as well.
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:41pm
With bonfire night so close I would think with a bit of a look around you should be able to get rid of ferns.We used to have to have guards on the backyard walls the week running up to the 5Th Nov. Now I come to think of it so did Marchbank the timber yard.
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:52pm
Do you know what, we took the dogs to royden park the other day and the pub opposite, think its the farmers arms have got a sign outside saying no more bonfire wood needed.

Dont want to take it to our local bonfire as we might get done for flytipping!

Also, we have phoned and orderd 8 passes for the tip today, there free but take 3-4 working days to come through, so not sure which day we need the van for.
Posted By: Clive Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:55pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx
Do you know what, we took the dogs to royden park the other day and the pub opposite, think its the farmers arms have got a sign outside saying no more bonfire wood needed.

Dont want to take it to our local bonfire as we might get done for flytipping!

Also, we have phoned and orderd 8 passes for the tip today, there free but take 3-4 working days to come through, so not sure which day we need the van for.
they take 2 days to come.
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Best Price to Hire Van for one Day? - 31st Oct 2011 9:59pm
Hope so, we were planning on thursday to get it if they come through.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral