Forums
Posted By: smithersjones Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 8:30pm
I was asked to buy alcohol by an under age youth just outside the Premier Store in Wallasey Village tonight about 6.45pm. Although he was polite even when I refused I found this annoying all the same. Has anyone else experienced this in the same area?
I suppose it shows they are not selling direct to youngsters
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 8:33pm
did they offer you anything? bring back geoffs on grove rd lol.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:01pm
Don't know how I would react to that question so I avoid kids near shops. I would be a massive hypocrite if I said no as I used to do it myself when I was their age.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:04pm
I'm always getting harrassed by them at the sweet shop opposite Sheridans. I always walk straight past them.
My dd was even asked the other week, and with a look at disgust in their direction, she stated "jeeez I'm only 16 get a grip" [Linked Image]

We also have 'penny for a guy' outside the co-op [Linked Image]

Posted By: Wench Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:06pm
I tell them the truth - it's more than my job is worth. I refuse to let some little oiks cost me my qualifications that I worked bloody hard for!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:24pm
raftl take the money off them, use it for your shopping who are they going to call on you wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:27pm
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy
raftl take the money off them, use it for your shopping who are they going to call on you wink

"Colleagues" raftl
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:32pm
Love our geoff smile
Posted By: smithersjones Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:36pm
Notice to go in window of Premier
"Warning to all youths - it is the local shopping policy that all monies given with the intention of puchasing alchol for under 18's will be spent on groceries for the less well off"
Our motto is "Ask and don't get!!"

It seems a shame to take their money without giving them at least a warning
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:53pm
Originally Posted by Snickas
I'm always getting harrassed by them at the sweet shop opposite Sheridans. I always walk straight past them.
My dd was even asked the other week, and with a look at disgust in their direction, she stated "jeeez I'm only 16 get a grip" [Linked Image]

We also have 'penny for a guy' outside the co-op [Linked Image]

Hello Snickas that same sweet shop got fined a while back for selling ale to the under 18`s they know when they sell to an adult who`s buying for the kids by what drinks they are asking for i feel sorry for the older people because they come out to get a few bits and are scared of walking past the gangs that linger there not that they would do any thing but the oldies dont know that .It`s an old problem isn`t it been giong on for years and years
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 9:58pm
Originally Posted by beer_money

Hahaha. I used to work for him, used to bring in his plants at night and deliver his papers in the morning.

Still knocking about is our Geoff.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:00pm
Originally Posted by Ste_Misses
Love our geoff smile

Do you still see him much?

Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:01pm
A little yes smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:03pm
Love geoff I do !
Quality guy smile
He loves my dinners smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:05pm
Originally Posted by AlexB

Hahaha. I used to work for him, used to bring in his plants at night and deliver his papers in the morning.

You know Geoff?

Lmao small world laugh

Top bloke my mate Geoff wink

Haha mad!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:07pm
He's the best smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:10pm
He's not long had heart bypass operation, still likes his beer garden activitys though, goes on holiday at least 8 times a year, geoffs doing well. smile
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:22pm
Ask him about the lad that wandered down to his shop playing solitaire on his laptop but dropped it in his shop then smashed it up with a golf club... that was me.

Ask him who sat next to him on a flight to Malia about 8 years ago and lost £500 playing Black Jack... that was me.

After that, we were driving down the strip on a quad bike and saw him and his daughter (can't remember her name now) on the beach.

I play tennis against his daughter sometimes.

He nearly got me arrested telling me to set off a Chinese firework on Flynn's piece!

This is taking me back years, loading nordman christmas trees into his van and delivering them around Wallasey.

Absolute legend.

He lived in one of those small flats on Albion Street for a while, lost track of him after that.

His bro now lives in the old shop and his niece is having a kid with Jay Spearing, who is Bezzymate's nephew... ?

Small world it sure it!

Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:24pm
not her nephew mate its r cousin haha
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:25pm
Wow that's mad! Jay ey smile

Small world very small world
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:29pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony

I knew it was something like that!
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:29pm
Wow that's mad! Jay ey smile

Small world very small world

Very!

So how do you and Ste know Geoff?
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:30pm

OMG, I remember Geoff, what a sound fella he was, an absolute Legend. The little shop on the corner opposite Flynns Piece. Used to get papers delivered form Geoffs. Small world.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:31pm
Katie is his daughters name, yes he's a great man Geoff.

He's by the post office opposite Soveriegn motors now, I'd like to say he's taking it easy but you know what he's like, theres no telling him

you will often see him in the cafeteria next to new Brighton train station or out and about taking giles down the dips or the beach.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:32pm

haha im just making u aware mate, believe ur giving my mum a lift to peers, thanks mate, wanna giv me a lift to delamere on the para investigation haha, we will have a laugh
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:32pm
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head

OMG, I remember Geoff, what a sound fella he was, an absolute Legend. The little shop on the corner opposite Flynns Piece. Used to get papers delivered form Geoffs. Small world.

I never delivered to Upton, so you must have been local. I probably delivered them. I remember doing Rolleston, Lyndhurst, Warren, Rockland, Sea Road and a couple of others, it escapes me now.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:34pm

haha im just making u aware mate, believe ur giving my mum a lift to peers, thanks mate, wanna giv me a lift to delamere on the para investigation haha, we will have a laugh

Of course mate, wouldn't have your Mum making her own way there!

I'm not going ghost hunting at Delamere though for a number of reasons, the main one being that I don't believe in ghosts.

Otherwise, I'd love to give you a lift.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:35pm
Ste has known him for years,I've met him thru ste obvs

Tell you what tho,he's a very brave man,I take my hat off to him,he's a great man!

Him and ste have sold cars toghther for forever

Think ste met him thru steve heskin(heskin)

smile

See him a lot really,he was always at ours for sunday dinner but since his op haven't seen much of him

Ste sees him more,I'm sure when he's in full health he be back for a roast lol
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:36pm

I never delivered to Upton, so you must have been local. I probably delivered them. I remember doing Rolleston, Lyndhurst, Warren, Rockland, Sea Road and a couple of others, it escapes me now.

So you saying you never delivered to Gloucester road?
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:37pm

I will give you a lift mate, no problem.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:37pm
I didn't know he was ill.

I know he had a few problems years ago and spent time in hospital - I also know that when he was in hospital he used to sneak out to the pub in his wheelchair.

I learnt the hard way about what was up with him, I think years and years ago I kicked the back of his legs and he properly punched me in the head.

Sarah, let's organise a drink with him!
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:39pm
Ste has known him for years,I've met him thru ste obvs

Tell you what tho,he's a very brave man,I take my hat off to him,he's a great man!

Him and ste have sold cars toghther for forever

Think ste met him thru steve heskin(heskin)

smile

See him a lot really,he was always at ours for sunday dinner but since his op haven't seen much of him

Ste sees him more,I'm sure when he's in full health he be back for a roast lol

Be nice to see him Sarah, not seen him in years. We could swap some stories im telling you, lol.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:39pm

Now you mention it, yeah I did.

I think that's the road my mates the Roughleys lived on, towards the bottom end.

It was about 12 years ago so can't remember my exact route.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:40pm

Now you mention it, yeah I did.

I think that's the road my mates the Roughleys lived on, towards the bottom end.

It was about 12 years ago so can't remember my exact route.

Top end mate, backing on to Flynns piece.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:41pm
Alex,pepper will invite you round to ours one night when we get chance and get geoff round,how about that smile
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:41pm

I'm not going ghost hunting at Delamere though for a number of reasons, the main one being that I don't believe in ghosts.

but who u gonna call?
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:41pm
Cant believe Alex was my little paper boy, Ha! Ha! thats sooooo funny, fooking love it.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:42pm
Alex,pepper will invite you round to ours one night when we get chance and get geoff round,how about that smile

Thats sounds great Sarah, let me know when, i will drop everything.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:44pm

but who u gonna call?

Pepper!!!!!

[Linked Image] Pmsl....
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:45pm

Deal.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:47pm
haha ive got that bloody ghostbusters song stuck in my head coz alex said i dont believe in no ghosts.

thank you for looking after me mum alex, when ever a favour is needed in return just let me no
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:47pm
Brill alex and pepper

Will have a chat with geoff in next few weeks and sort it lads:)
Be great little get toghther
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:48pm
Cant believe Alex was my little paper boy, Ha! Ha! thats sooooo funny, fooking love it.

Yeah, funny, perhaps ironic?

I delivered your papers when I was 12 and now I'm 25 I make you look like a penis wink
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:50pm
Brill alex and pepper

Will have a chat with geoff in next few weeks and sort it lads:)
Be great little get toghther

Cant wait, so lets make a list

Sarah
Geoff
Pepper_Head
Paper boy
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:51pm
Sarah
Geoff
Pepper_Head
Successful businessman

Everyone, feel free to add names to the list.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:52pm

Yeah, funny, perhaps ironic?

I delivered your papers when I was 12 and now I'm 25 I make you look like a penis wink

Thats sooooo funny, coming from a hairy ball bag, lol.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:53pm
raftl papper boy wink ahahaahahah
You missed out ste! Lol

Sorry everyone for taking over the topic lol
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:59pm
raftl papper boy wink

That's a weird mix of pepper and paper.

I'm confused.

Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 10:59pm

Hairy? Quite the opposite. I've been well late developing pubes!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 11:03pm
Lol sorry for laughing al

I mean what I've said tho I will sort it out and let you both know smile
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 11:09pm

Hairy? Quite the opposite. I've been well late developing pubes!

PMSL. offtopic He! He! He! stop it im crying here.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 11:12pm
were all banned i think, what was the topic again haha
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 27th Oct 2011 11:12pm
Honest, got little gaps in my beard and everything.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 28th Oct 2011 5:08am
Originally Posted by smithersjones
I was asked to buy alcohol by an under age youth just outside the Premier Store in Wallasey Village tonight about 6.45pm.

See the first entry here: http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/2005/04/wallasey/

Some amusing replies as well.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 28th Oct 2011 7:13am
Mike, i don't even know where to begin on that one!!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 28th Oct 2011 7:19am
Geoff is a legend! A quarter of sweets he would just pile in and you'd end up with loads more than a quarter.
Gotta love a bitta Geoff!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 28th Oct 2011 7:25am
Originally Posted by MikeT
Originally Posted by smithersjones
I was asked to buy alcohol by an under age youth just outside the Premier Store in Wallasey Village tonight about 6.45pm.

See the first entry here: http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/2005/04/wallasey/

Some amusing replies as well.

Cheers for the amusing link happy
Posted By: seabreeze66uk Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 29th Oct 2011 9:58am
LOL I can`t wait to show Geoff this thread...he`ll get a right buzz from it
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Underage drinking in Wallasey Village - 29th Oct 2011 10:20am

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral