Forums
Posted By: movingtables Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 5:00pm
Just to let people know that Birkenhead and surrounding areas are experiencing an outage on their broadband internet.
obviously you can only see this if you have internet on your phone or using alternative means.

I phoned Virgin because the "Ready light" was flashing on my modem and no connection. before i got through to a human the automated responce indicated that people in the Chester,Birkenhead and surrounding areas are experiencing a loss of broadband and the techs are working to fix it now.
this was about 3pm by the way cry
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 6:23pm
been fine in wallasey
Posted By: TheDr Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 6:33pm
It's been dead since early this morning, it was meant to be back on by 14:18, then it changed to 19:00.

It's 19:32 now and VirginMedia still say it'll be done 19:00

I've been using an iPhone as a hotspot all day, T-Mobile are going to blow a gasket when they see how much I've downloaded smile
Posted By: jemarc Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 6:42pm
im on virgin media and mine has been fine all day, x
Originally Posted by jemarc

Same!
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Originally Posted by jemarc

Same!

Same
mine is back on now.
i had to reset my modem and router first though.

Bebington here.
Fine all day here in BIrkenhead, thanks for the info though,
Mine has just come back now in bromborough, I know two people on virgin on roads adjoining mine and theres has been fine.

Seems to be happening about every 3/4 weeks lately but this is the longest so am sending an email to complain.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 8:58pm
Still dead at my place I'm told, going to be like that until 7pm tomorrow Virgin are now saying, apparently 3000 people are affected by it.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 9:59pm
Mine is back now, thank god. Never thought I would say this but not having the internet was baaad!!!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Virgin media broadband Birkenhead etc fault - 26th Oct 2011 10:59pm
thank god it's back on, i thought i might have to go out and do some exercise!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral