Forums
Posted By: Sanchez place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 3:22pm
Having a real hard time finding somewhere to rent that meets my requirements. One of them being that I wish to stay away from letting agencies and want to stay with a private landlord. Does anyone know of any websites where the places to rent are privatley owned?

Thanks.
Posted By: Dell1234 Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 3:29pm
http://www.wirralhomes.net/PrivateRental.asp

may help. updated weekly.
Posted By: julie253 Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 3:31pm
Try Gumtree. I had a place to rent and put it on there. I did notice there were loads of other landlords advertising. Good luck
Posted By: Sanchez Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 3:33pm
cheers guys, i'll give them a look!
Posted By: kamikazi Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 5:38pm
Where you looking mate? my brother has been doing the rounds in NB and Wallasey trying to find a flat. I found a few that where private landlords by looking in local newsagents windows and the Post Office.

K
Posted By: Sanchez Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 5:39pm
Cheers wayne, I'll have to meet up or at least get some info from you about them, im having no luck what so ever frown
Posted By: kamikazi Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 6:33pm
I'll give him a ring later and pm you mate.

Have got a basement if your interested?

Garden flat, original features, smells like chester zoo!

K
Posted By: kamikazi Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 7:42pm
PM sent

k
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: place to rent - 10th Oct 2011 7:52pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/homes/privatelettings/

also try shop windows people advertise in them too smile

i found my old flat on gumtree smile

also http://www.buysell.co.uk/
Posted By: Sallybear Re: place to rent - 11th Oct 2011 7:14pm
We got ours just in the paper on a Wednesday, I also hate letting agencies and wasn't about to pay key deposits and loads of extras, found a great flat, price is good and landlord just lets us be. Best way sometimes.
Posted By: DavidB Re: place to rent - 11th Oct 2011 11:33pm
Nearly ended up paying over 300 quid to a letting agent. I don't understand how that works.
Posted By: Wrighty85 Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 8:57am
Just be careful with Gumtree and renting houses or flat in Wallasey as there seems to be a scammer about that Gumtree have been investigating!

We have been looking for a new house, luckily we have found one now. When I was looking I posted an add on Gumtree just saying looking for a 3 bed house, blah, blah. Got an email back from "David" saying he had a 3 bed house in Greenheys Road to let, long term that sounded perfect. He sent me the pics and I asked him for his number to arrange a viewing. I was asked to prove I worked. I told him work references would not be a problem, then he said he wanted proof of my income in the form of a bank statements. Emailed back and asked if we cold discuss that once I had seen the house and made a decision....I got no reply.

The following week I got an email saying house available Stratton Close. I replied to the email in a similar way as before and when I read it, exactly the same email and even the same photographs except this time it was from "Alan".

I reported it as suspected fraud to Gumtree, who have informed me that it is infact a scam to try and obtain your bank details. Just wanted to make you aware with a few people mentioning Gumtree. Some poor naive person will be that desperate to find a nice house in a good area they will fall for it and hand over a copy of their bank statement.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 3:51pm
It`s good of you to take the time and let people know about stuff like this, ... arn`t they
Posted By: dodie Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 6:27pm
sanchez have sent you pm i know loads of l.lords
Posted By: Tombraider Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 6:31pm
He could go for a cheaper option and thats houseshare!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 6:56pm
Thanks for all of the heads up!

Tombraider I did considder the house share option and it didnt really work out that much cheaper than renting my own flat, there were some nice places to share though, shame they never met my reqirements.

Dodie - replied.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 8:23pm
I know of a 3 bed flat above a shop near Liscard centre, if you are interested. I can get the number for you tomorrow if so.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 9:14pm
Its ok croc, im going to get one in prenton TBH.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 9:19pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Thanks for all of the heads up!

Tombraider I did considder the house share option and it didnt really work out that much cheaper than renting my own flat, there were some nice places to share though, shame they never met my reqirements.

Dodie - replied.
Okay Sanchez hope you find a place soon good luck xx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: place to rent - 17th Oct 2011 9:25pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Its ok croc, im going to get one in prenton TBH.

No probs matey, let me know if you are still stuck in the days to come. Liscard isn't pretty but it's better than nowt!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral