Forums
Posted By: jessiikahh King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 7:57am
According to my neighbour some off king street is blocked off and closed by police

anybody know whats happened?
Posted By: arwen444 Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 8:00am
the liverpool marathon is running through wallasey and new brighton between 9.30 and 4 today
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 8:01am
ohh that explains it thank u very much
Posted By: alann Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 10:38am
been down to king street to watch the marathon i carnt believe the amount of people complaining that they carnt get drive on the road this old man was moaning there were no buses to later on this marathon is done for good corses people want to get a life
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 10:47am
Got a mate running this marathon who I've sponsored, hope he makes it to the end lol, good luck Kev.
Posted By: Clive Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 10:53am
i was taiking my mum to work this morning at 8:15 and all the roads where blocked, i had to drive along the prom to by seacombe ferry, and on the way back, i just had to drive over the cones in the road blocking my way.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 11:10am
Originally Posted by alann
been down to king street to watch the marathon i carnt believe the amount of people complaining that they carnt get drive on the road this old man was moaning there were no buses to later on this marathon is done for good corses people want to get a life

How dare people run for charity! somad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 11:13am
SO HE SHOULD MOAN< ROADS are for cars ffs!
Posted By: Silverback Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 11:53am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

How right you are, and the run is after all to ensure the charity bosses have nice new cars.
Posted By: Clive Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 12:06pm
joyride withthat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 1:23pm

Don't you put your caps on at me sunshine!!

Its only an afternoon. Such a fuss!! boohoo
Posted By: alann Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 8:21pm
Silverback, so you dont agree with charities then!! what about help for heroes
Posted By: Silverback Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 9:08pm

The military personnel that get butchered and damaged at the behest of governments shouldn't have to rely on charitable donations for their welfare needs.

By rattling the tins you are absolving the criminally greedy governments of the need to look after them.

Charitable donations, amongst other things, are a stealth tax, enabling the treasury to not need to raise taxes to cover whatever.

Posted By: Wench Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 9:16pm
I have to say, it's not like it wasn't publicised, even though it wasn't publicised that well. I didn't realise I'd be stuck in all day because my road would be blocked off until I saw a post on here. I daresay if I needed to get out urgently (to go to the hospital for example) I'd have been allowed to do so.

It was one day. The same people moan about the Prom Stages Rally too but it was for a good cause so it's not the end of the world.

I watched everyone from the bottom of my road, I had a friend running in it. I made some of them giggle by calling them show offs but it was taken light heartedly and gave them a bit of a spur on. Fair play to them I say. If I could have done it, I would.

As for the tin foil hat brigade* - that's as maybe but I'd still rather give to charity than for my chosen charities beneficiaries to go without. A lot of my Armed Forces mates would say the same too. I'm not here to debate the politics of it, I just do what I feel is right.

*I used to have a friend that was one of these - drove me insane. More conspiracy theories than John Le Carre!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: King street wallasey - 9th Oct 2011 9:17pm
Originally Posted by Silverback
Charitable donations, amongst other things, are a stealth tax, enabling the treasury to not need to raise taxes to cover whatever.
Something like the national lottery then wink
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: King street wallasey - 10th Oct 2011 1:40am
i did it. And got some people to sponsor me and will be giving £800 to claire house.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: King street wallasey - 10th Oct 2011 7:56am
Originally Posted by Silverback

The military personnel that get butchered and damaged at the behest of governments shouldn't have to rely on charitable donations for their welfare needs.

By rattling the tins you are absolving the criminally greedy governments of the need to look after them.

I agree with what you're saying but unfortunately, if we don't give anything then these causes will totally go without. I think the best way is to give to the causes that need it most AND demand that the government pay more in future. If the rich paid their tax then there wouldn't be the need for most charities...
Posted By: alann Re: King street wallasey - 12th Oct 2011 9:34am
Wench, so at least you agree it was in a good cause, the road closure lasted 4 hours, never hear people complain about the egg run ( another good cause ) smile
Posted By: Wench Re: King street wallasey - 12th Oct 2011 10:02am
Hell yes Alann! I'm not able to get out much anyway so it didn't affect me really. It's not like it's every weekend so I don't see the problem. My ex's parents live on Melling Road and every year they go through the same when the Grand National is on. They generally either go away that week, leave the house early if they need to go anywhere or stay in.

I guess some people just need something to moan about or they're not happy raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral