Forums
Posted By: Sanchez Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:06pm
Whats the worst injury accident you have seen at work, or at play for that matter.

I once saw a guy fall off some ladders and grab a metal partition which sliced his hands when he slid down it. To the bone it was frown
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:08pm
fell off a roof and broke me back.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:08pm
got shot when i was a kid.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:14pm
I would guess this thread was brought on by the poor guy killed in our factory on Monday. Or the poor miners killed in wales
Posted By: madrob Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:16pm
i was on a roof of a high house when the other lad was on ladder still pissed up from night before he jus silded to the left his treble ladders fully extended to full fell he when threw a conservatory still have a pic somewhere as i was stuck on the roof as obv the ladder had gone down he broke a leg collar bone wrist an alot of cuts
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:24pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
I would guess this thread was brought on by the poor guy killed in our factory on Monday. Or the poor miners killed in wales

Oh yee of conclusion jumping, it was brought about by this thread:

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/590487/Re_Your_worst_Job.html#Post590487
Posted By: lansyp Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 8:48pm
i used to work in a glass factory seen some nasty things but nobody died .seen a lad get stabbed in the stomach with a shard of glass ,another lad lost an eye pulling out rubber bungs with a pair of plyers .a driver jumped from his wagon on to a celler cover with a glass a frame resting on it ,all the glass fell and squashed him ,but again walking wounded .and the worst one was a mate called lee who was a drummer in a band but almost lost his thumb after being squashed by about a ton of glass .right stopping there i am traumatised lol
Posted By: mikeh Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:17pm
I broke both ankles ON a trampoline rather than falling off it tease snapped in 3 places smile
Posted By: sean Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:30pm
on a shut down at sutton bridge power station, a steeple jack fell through the grating on the stack 130ft on to a hand rail, i was inside the exhaust doing an inspection and the noise echoed right through
Posted By: TheDr Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:37pm
I saw what I "thought" was a bin bag being thrown in the air, turned out to be a young lad who'd been hit by a car as it was speeding the wrong way down a dual carriageway as I was travelling in the correct direction.

Blocking the traffic, telling people what to do, basically taking control, that's the easy part: sat in the middle of the road holding his hand telling him that everything is going to be fine whilst your shoes are covered in his "grey matter" and knowing that he has minutes left, that stays with you.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:41pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
I saw what I "thought" was a bin bag being thrown in the air, turned out to be a young lad who'd been hit by a car as it was speeding the wrong way down a duel carriageway as I was travelling in the correct direction.

Blocking the traffic, telling people what to do, basically taking control, that's the easy part: sat in the middle of the road holding his hand telling him that everything is going to be fine whilst your shoes are covered in his "grey matter" and knowing that he has minutes left, that stays with you.

pretty tragic that frown
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:50pm
Originally Posted by mikeh
I broke both ankles ON a trampoline rather than falling off it tease snapped in 3 places smile

OUCH!
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 9:56pm
Thankfully nothing that bad, but this one guy I used to work with was a little accident prone. The amount of false ceilings he brought down with him when he kept falling off his step ladders.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 10:03pm
I dropped a drill when i was standing on staging in fazakerly Hospital. I tried to catch it and it drilled through my palm. Because i was ''employed'' by the hospital they couldn't sort it and i was sent to Walton hospital
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 10:15pm
We used to stick pins in seats, so when fellow workmates sat down they'd sit on the pin. It went on for weeks, and people would throw their drink in the air when they sat, it never got boring.
I set one up for my mate and my boss came in and sat on it. He went ballistic.
Posted By: cathie Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 10:46pm
Just before I was 18 I cut my finger off opening a tin of Heinz Winter Golden Vegetable soup...luckily managed to save it at APH...never eaten the stuff since. I used to work in a cafe and took the tips off my fingers a couple of times cleaning the meat machine, slashed my fingers/hands washing up when glass had smashed in the sink, cutting string when I was 6 and had the knife facing towards me, cut through the string (wrapped around the blade) and stabbed myself in the head...cue one hysterical mother when she saw me with blood pouring down my face :0)
Posted By: cathie Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 10:52pm
Oooooo I went away to camp with church when I was about 10 and we were playing this game, there were 4 groups of people and you had to get the other groups flag pole, we had this flag pole and were running down a hill with it but the girl in front (I think her name was Lisa) was going too fast and let go, she went flying down the hill and snapped her leg in half halfway down her shin bone, her leg was ripped open and she was just sat there picking the leaves out!!!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 11:01pm
Originally Posted by cathie
cutting string when I was 6 and had the knife facing towards me, cut through the string (wrapped around the blade) and stabbed myself in the head...cue one hysterical mother when she saw me with blood pouring down my face :0)

done that cutting wire on my knee with a stanley knife!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 28th Sep 2011 11:56pm
Just before I was 18 I cut my finger off opening a tin of Heinz Winter Golden Vegetable soup...luckily managed to save it at APH...never eaten the stuff since.

Your safe now as they all come with a pullring like a can of coke wink
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 12:04am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Just before I was 18 I cut my finger off opening a tin of Heinz Winter Golden Vegetable soup...luckily managed to save it at APH...never eaten the stuff since.

Your safe now as they all come with a pullring like a can of coke wink

yeah but he hasn't got the fingers raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 12:05am
raftl

laugh
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 12:17am
[youtube]m3YwnxtkDZM[/youtube]
Posted By: cathie Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 6:31am
Yeah thanks guys, I know were to come next time I need tea & sympathy ;0)
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 9:26am
not witnessed but turned up after wards and thought better get a pic of that so here goes

Attached picture Truck.jpg
Attached picture crane.jpg
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 9:39am
This happened on one of the boats I was on when we were on a "long trip."
One of my messmates, Griff, was duty cook, took the plate carrier to the galley. While he was away someone took the hatch cover off to get down in the engineer's store, Griff came back from the galley with a stack of plated dinners in the carrier, swung through the bulkhead hatch and straight down the engineer's store hatch (about 12 ft drop) and ended up at the bottom with a broken collar bone. The skipper wanted the cox'n to put the "displaced" collar bone back in but he refused and we had to leave our area and get Griff picked up and taken ashore to a military hospital. We had been at sea for about a month, without washing and the nurses and staff didn't want to go near him but fixed him up eventually. It was a good job the cox'n stuck by his guns. The same boat actually claimed 3 sailors' lives during its lifetime so it was regarded as a bit of a jinx.
Posted By: LilJen Re: Worst work accident witnessed. - 29th Sep 2011 11:34am
someone in r office when im going work exp managed to get there whole arm stuck in the massive photocopier and had to get fire men in to help her get unstuck was so funny.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral