Forums
Posted By: ponytail BT Nuisance Calls - 23rd Sep 2011 5:41pm
Just rang up BT, in India I assume, was told I could log nuisance calls but needed to keep ringing their 151 number to log these everytime. The man said that I could always use the ringback and BT would call me back within the hour!
Years ago I remember getting a code to use after I had put the phone down on the nuisance caller and keypressed this number in. Has this efficiency gone? Do I need to ring and wait 20 mins to get through to a 151 than wait even longer to have this understood and logged with BT? Seems that something is missing in protecting the customers. Any advice anyone?
Posted By: B1gAlan Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 23rd Sep 2011 6:04pm
You can dial 1477 during or immediately after a malicious call to record the callers actual number so that it can be traced. See http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9311/~/tracing-a-call
Posted By: Clive Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 23rd Sep 2011 6:06pm
join the bt forum http://community.bt.com/
and some one on there will help you
Posted By: ponytail Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 23rd Sep 2011 6:17pm
The guy from BT said that I had to pay if I was a business to use the nusance call facility. Unfortunately, as I was a private customer then I could not use this, but probably could become self-employed overnight. I wasn't charged for this years ago. BT seemed to have now got very greedy. The 1471 does not record those who with-hold their numbers so its a dilemma - stay with BT and put up with the dead lines or move into the unknown. Or maybe complain via email. hmmm.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 24th Sep 2011 10:46am
Hello Ponytail , stupid question but have you got caller display if not get it and if you don`t know the number don`t answer your phone .If it is some one important they will leave a message .And if it`s a witheld number don`t answer that.I don`t, cos if they are genuine calls they again leave a message. Also i wouldn`t worry about any one that can`t do face to face.Ignore the pricks and they have gained nothing ,It won`t be worth thier while if they are not getting any responce from you ,sorted good luck June
Posted By: Clive Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 24th Sep 2011 10:50am
You can get caller display for free, if you phone bt and sigh up for there free bt privacy service, they then give you caller display free
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 24th Sep 2011 11:01am
I have caller display and never answer my phone unless I know who it is.
Just a tip.............. be aware that many of the cold calls are from BT businesses themselves. The last time I checked, any screening process did not and would not stop BT's own calls getting through.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 24th Sep 2011 12:12pm
Yes Softly your right but she still doesn`t have to answer it and i think it might be nuisance calls that are the problem here ,thanks June
Posted By: norma Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 24th Sep 2011 9:14pm
hi we had the same problem with bt if you send them an email telling them they the service they supply is not good they will get back to you pretty fast
Posted By: ponytail Re: BT Nuisance Calls - 25th Sep 2011 5:51am
I didn't know I could get caller display for free - the call centre at BT in India did not mention this. I will also email and request clarification on logging the nuisance calls. Perhaps now even buy a caller number display phone. Thanks for all the advice. x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral