Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 12:25pm
Anyone know what the smell of poo is by Limekiln Ln, Wallasey
It always had a fish smell by the sweet shop, but today by the park/Rankin street it smells like crap. sick
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 12:36pm
yea i smelt it on my way to work. Proper rancid!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 1:12pm
drains
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 3:35pm
its been like that for years,, i work near there and we have complained to enviromental health and all kinds off people and we just get fobbed off,, a lot of the smell comes from the tanks at tate and lyle on the dock road,, hate to think what they flush down the drains at that place
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 3:39pm
Drains mate. When it rained the other week something happened to the drains. It comes up from the grids as there is a back log.

Nothing worse than rotten poo first thing in the morning
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 4:51pm
Originally Posted by 1971efc
its been like that for years,, i work near there and we have complained to enviromental health and all kinds off people and we just get fobbed off,, a lot of the smell comes from the tanks at tate and lyle on the dock road,, hate to think what they flush down the drains at that place

lucky you only have to work by there, I got to live here frown
had the fish smell for weeks which is bad, but this morning it was like someone had took a dump in the living room, didn't help that I had to put the bin out and it felt like my eyes were burning, it only start to smell bad from the shop onwards, somedays you can smell it on everything, it's gets that bad you don't like having people over. frown
Posted By: jenscho Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 6:35pm
I live here too (!) and my husband works on the drains, we walked up the road this morning and it was sooo bad but he thinks it's not a drain smell! It was particularly bad when we went past the alleys in Mostyn Street so he thought it might have been dog poo, but it sounds like a wider spread problem
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 6:53pm
It's always smells down there, I think them filling it that dock has not helped matters. Also that place they they have been knocking down, how long has it taking them, makes you wonder what there covering up..
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Smell of poo - 9th Sep 2011 7:25pm
So sorry for you folks living with that. Horrible.

Time to wind up MPs and Councillors I would have thought.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 9:40pm
ther was a horrible smell of like cow poo when i went to st caths at 4pm today, it was outside and evan inside the hospital. i mentioned it to my daughter who also smelt dog poo in seacombe. and since then people are popping up all over the place who smell sick, dog poo, and cow poo. from moreton, to rock ferry to liverpool to egremont to tranmere, to central birkenhead. cant be just drains the smell wouldnt travell that far x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 10:00pm
I smelt shite in Heswall/Pensby before- also peeps in Rock Ferry talking about a bad smell?? very odd.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 10:03pm
Its been proper rank around the wirral today smelt like sour milk
Posted By: starakita Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 10:14pm
It stunk this afternoon round Dacre Hill,was ok when I went to pick my daughter up from school but when we got back it stunk like poo,didn't last long though.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 10:50pm
My son was in Rock Ferry this afternoon and he asked me tonight to go on Wiki to see if anyone mentioned the stink that was there.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Smell of poo - 7th Oct 2013 10:58pm
The smell was the landican cemetary gardening laying horseturd down or whatever its called.
does it every year.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 12:30am
Its not landican its the allotments at the back.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 6:43am
Smell was also in Higher Bebington and Tranmere. I thought someone in the car had stepped in something lol.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 6:56am
I think it is from the Wallasey dock rd area, that is where the smell is always at its strongest, the fishy smell we usually get is said to be from Tate and Lyle, but the one yesterday that smells more like manure or as Ste puts it (horseturd) who knows where that comes from.
Posted By: Madge Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 7:15am
we had it in meols too, and the farmers round here put slurry down all the time and it wasnt that,
Posted By: starakita Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 9:49am
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Smell was also in Higher Bebington and Tranmere. I thought someone in the car had stepped in something lol.
Thats what I thought till I got out of the car
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 2:02pm
I was in Birkenhead park, I thought shocked I was back in Lincolnshire.
Posted By: philmch Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 3:07pm
It stank round Prenton yesterday too. Assumed it was farmers doing muck spreading over Storeton way.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Smell of poo - 8th Oct 2013 3:25pm
Mystery sorted! The Missus had a chicken Misala yesterday and it seems her botty blew out an O ring when she Donald!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral