Forums
Posted By: jessiikahh FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:17pm
Did Anyone Else See The Fireworks Then in Wallasey?? and if so were did they come from as they sounded to loud and too many for a garden lol

very pretty display though

thanks smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:18pm
Isn't that famous boat sailing in or something?
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:20pm
oh yes maybe that was what it was.. seemed closer than the water.. was like in the middle of gorsey lane :s but still could have been
Posted By: ProfHarry Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:21pm
Heard the fireworks but not sure what they are celebrating?
Posted By: kswinds Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:25pm
its the Queen Elizabeth going out the river

the Queen Mary is in next week , so im sure there wil be more then
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:26pm
thanks everyone smile just seen the other thread in up and coming events frown

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:27pm
the Mersey. To see off the Queen Elizabeth cruise liner that visited the port of Liverpool as part of the week long River Festival.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:30pm
It was excellent!
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:32pm
if i new it was on i woulda walked down or got a lift to get closer to it frown gutted but since someone said theres one next week aswelqueen mary may pop down and see that one too smile
Posted By: Steve123 Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:35pm
It was amazing hope no one missed out!!
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:36pm
yer it was the cruise liner leavin liverpool they were quite nice passed 5 minutes away anyhoo!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:38pm
Originally Posted by jessiikahh
if i new it was on i woulda walked down or got a lift to get closer to it frown gutted but since someone said theres one next week aswelqueen mary may pop down and see that one too smile
Yes, next weeks firework display starts at 10pm.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:41pm
thursday?
Posted By: amaterasu Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 9:48pm
My kids were down at Seacombe Ferry on Monday and there was a fab Hindu dance festival going on for the festival of Ganesh - apparently for the Hindu faith in the area, the Mersey is the closest river that flows into the Ganges so they celebrate with dancing close to the river - Sunday is the last day of the fesival of Ganesh so lots more dancing is expected at Seacombe Ferry - I'll be there for sure!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 10:29pm
Originally Posted by jessiikahh
thursday?
yes, hun
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 10:31pm
Originally Posted by amaterasu
My kids were down at Seacombe Ferry on Monday and there was a fab Hindu dance festival going on for the festival of Ganesh - apparently for the Hindu faith in the area, the Mersey is the closest river that flows into the Ganges so they celebrate with dancing close to the river - Sunday is the last day of the fesival of Ganesh so lots more dancing is expected at Seacombe Ferry - I'll be there for sure!!
ooh? what time?
Posted By: amaterasu Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 10:55pm
I dunno Rude but my youngest was down there about 1 o'clock on Monday and there were loads of women in Indian dress dancing and throwing money into the river

I wish I had been there - my husband was picking the youngest up from a party at the party place on Monday and she noticed lots of people dancing in colourful dress and followed them - my daughter had a ball learning the dance moves and the meaning ...I still havent a clue so will be going down on Sunday to learn a few new moves...well just moves really laugh
Posted By: amaterasu Re: FireWork Display - 8th Sep 2011 10:56pm
I will be on my own if I go down on Sunday ..sorry <tuts and shakes head>
Posted By: Janus Re: FireWork Display - 11th Sep 2011 4:56pm
They were set off from a barge in the middle of the river as the Quenn Elizabeth cruise liner was leavinig her berth.
Posted By: mrsmonroe Re: FireWork Display - 11th Sep 2011 5:24pm
I heard this! it came just after my son had `finally` fell asleep so I assumed it was connected haha!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral