Forums
Posted By: NewBrighton New Statue for New Brighton????? - 5th Sep 2011 9:21am
Kenco Coffee have commissioned renowned sculptor, Rebecca Newnham, to create four wonderful recycled glass animal sculptures. These sculptures have been on display around the country at Bristol Promenade, Liverpool One Shopping Centre, Southern Terrace of Westfield in London and Chamberlain Square in London.

Kenco are looking for nominations to find the ideal home for each of the sculptures, one of the sculptures is Lois the Crab which I think would make an ideal addition to the New Brighton resort and the ongoing development.

If you agree, please vote for Kenco Glass Animals - Lois the Crab .

the winners will be announced in October.

Posted By: davew3 Re: New Statue for New Brighton????? - 5th Sep 2011 9:47am
We have lots of statues, they call them councillors. laugh
Posted By: Silverback Re: New Statue for New Brighton????? - 5th Sep 2011 12:18pm
Originally Posted by NewBrighton
one of the sculptures is Lois the Crab which I think would make an ideal addition to the New Brighton resort and the ongoing development.

Recalling a recent post where crabs were mentioned I somehow don't see a crab statue as appropriate for New Brighton.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: New Statue for New Brighton????? - 5th Sep 2011 12:55pm
Nominated
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: New Statue for New Brighton????? - 5th Sep 2011 1:11pm
Originally Posted by Silverback
Originally Posted by NewBrighton
one of the sculptures is Lois the Crab which I think would make an ideal addition to the New Brighton resort and the ongoing development.

Recalling a recent post where crabs were mentioned I somehow don't see a crab statue as appropriate for New Brighton.

New Brighton is a seaside resort and visited by many children who love catching crabs with string and bits of bacon around the Marine Lake, so I think it is entirely appropriate. Any previous comments should stay within their own topics ( I assume this has to do with the missing lad) or should every child visiting New Brighton have a chilling reminder and an end to child hood enjoyment.....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral