Forums
Posted By: newmover New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 17th Aug 2011 11:07pm
Hi there. I am moving to New Brighton next month and need to get schools sorted and kids settled into area. I was wondering if there's any Brownie groups or cubs/beavers that my kids could get involved in to help them settle into a new area. Looking at the schools I am thinking Oldershaw for my son and Mount Primary for my daughter, what are your thoughts on these schools? Also it's a whole new start for me and would like to meet new friends and maybe join any groups.
Would really appreciate any info that would help us to settle in New Brighton.
Thanks
Posted By: arwen444 Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 4:41am
hi
mount primary is a good school and greenleas. mine go to new brighton primary which is also a good school run on a family ethos, not suffered any bullying etc. my little girl goes to brownies, a small group of about 16 at the church on rowson street st andrews i think it is on the hill. meet on a wednesday 6 til half seven.if you want them to get into mount or greenleas your would have to live in the catchment area as they tend to be oversubscribed
Posted By: katej Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 8:26am
HI

My two smaller children go to Mount Primary and it is indeed a good school, with a number of excellent staff. I think that your daughter would enjoy the ethos of Mount, and the school is always striving to improve parent-school relationships and I think any school that can say they can improve on something is a good honest school.
My eldest son goes to St.Mary's which I cannot reccomend enough, the school really outshines any other in Wallasey in my opinion.
As Arwen says, St Andrews has all sorts of activities going on and my daughter goes to rainbows there. There is also emmanuel church further up the road that does brownies, rainbows etc! There are masses of football clubs, tennis clubs and really any other intrests your children may have. My dughter attends an amazing dance school, which is very low pressure and fun. If you want any more info just PM me and i'll do what I can to help.

Welcome to Wallasey/New Brighton!
Posted By: sparky Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 10:01am
Hi
Both my children went to Mount Primary and they really enjoyed it, it is a great school.
My daughter now goes to Oldershaw and loves it. The teachers are great and they have an open door policy where you can go in and talk to the teachers or the headteacher.
Posted By: newmover Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 11:54am
Thankyou for the info, sounds like most of the schools are ok.
Any other clubs you recommend? I wouldn't usually worry so much about clubs but with moving to a new area it may help them to make friends.
Thanks
Posted By: newmover Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 5:59pm
Hi does mount primary have a before and afterschool club? If so does it accept all aged primary children? Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 6:25pm
Oldershaw is full of wannerbe gangsters wouldn't put my kids in there, mosslands or st marys about best. I have heard that mount primary is a good school, My kids have all gone to Liscard Primary can't say one bad word been a brilliant school.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 6:34pm
mount primary was a good school when my daughter went there a while back , no real hassles just a bit of bickering which is to be expected anywhere

Oldershaw is poor imo, when we visited the school on open night, the headmaster was speaking to people like they were kids , bad start imo

A freind teaches there and says its not as bad as its made out to be but it has a poor reputation locally and the kids swarm liscard during lunchtime

best of luck with your choices !
Posted By: Cranky Re: New to New Brighton - kids clubs etc - 18th Aug 2011 9:42pm
Mount has a breakfast and after school club. I think there are waiting lists though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral