Forums
Posted By: rockster Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 22nd Jul 2011 11:26pm
I heard today from a freind who walks their dogs in eastham woods that there are two very unfreindly and intimidating people who have set up a little camp in the middle of the woods.
I've not been down myself to see but just thought I'd warn other people.
Cant imagine they'll last there for long though.

Cheers rockster
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 23rd Jul 2011 8:14am
Shouldn't the police/council be informed?
Posted By: Brass Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 23rd Jul 2011 11:23am
Your not allowed to camp anywhere on wirral
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 9:50am
There more than likely gypo`s that have taken up residence on lever hulme field,I heard that a local lad was beaten up after leaving a party with his mates "school leaving party"
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 9:56am
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
There more than likely gypo`s that have taken up residence on lever hulme field,I heard that a local lad was beaten up after leaving a party with his mates "school leaving party"
You can't call them gypo's on here mate,the P.C.brigade will be on you as quick as a flash.You will be asked to provide photographic evidence and written statements to prove that they are "Travellers".
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 10:06am
Still, has anyone actually reported it to the 'authorities'?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 11:10am
Yes the police were called but nothing came of it,Heres the bumph I got from my Daughter who also attended the party which was on the adjoining field sometime during the night two vans came onto the field and started trying to intimidate the party,It maybe that a few walked onto there field,which is a short cut home for most,Thats all i know also been told by the police there going on Monday End of problem
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 11:57am
They are going on Monday? The police (only working weekdays?) or the van owners? Surely if they have been threatening and allegedly responsible for assault, they shouldn't be leaving them there until Monday? Or does this infringe some sort of human rights if the bother them before Monday? omg
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 12:25pm
The van owners going Monday .. not sure why there were no charges all i have been told is that one local lad was punched to the ground don't know why` he was with a couple of his mates on there way home,
Posted By: Silverback Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 2:20pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
The van owners going Monday .. not sure why there were no charges all i have been told is that one local lad was punched to the ground don't know why` he was with a couple of his mates on there way home,

Logical really, if the miscreants are indeed gypsy/travellers.

Arresting and charging one of their number, assuming they were intending to leave on monday, might mean the rest of the group hanging around longer, and even the arrival of others, with all the associated problems that might entail.

No charges, they go, less future work for local police, less hassle for joe public in this area.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 4:00pm
Ugh, second and third hand information from people with too much time on their hands.

Not every 'traveller' wants to steal your purse and rape your dog, people.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Eastham woods warning to(dog) walkers - 24th Jul 2011 4:28pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Ugh, second and third hand information from people with too much time on their hands.

Not every 'traveller' wants to steal your purse and rape your dog, people.
It's called shared information,and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral