Forums
Posted By: madrob moreton highrise flats - 19th Jul 2011 7:27pm
just some recent pics of the process of demolishing sandbourne high rise flats the other night i seen a male dressed casual so assuming it wernt security on the 3rd floor balcony ????

Attached picture DSC00089.JPG
Attached picture DSC00090.JPG
Attached picture DSC00091.JPG
Attached picture DSC00092.JPG
Posted By: madrob Re: moreton highrise flats - 19th Jul 2011 7:28pm
oops pics not right way up sorry
Posted By: Capt_America Re: moreton highrise flats - 19th Jul 2011 7:38pm
I put my neck out trying to look at those the right way round. Where there's blame there's a claim!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: moreton highrise flats - 19th Jul 2011 7:52pm
[youtube]6hLFBRnm7VQ[/youtube]
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: moreton highrise flats - 19th Jul 2011 8:06pm
Some good memories in these flats:)I'm sure mattlfc will agree:)
Posted By: 24424m Re: moreton highrise flats - 20th Jul 2011 4:53pm
Some years ago, I used to live next door to Sandbourne, and it just seems really weird seeing it being pulled down.

Any news on what's happening with Melrose & Thornridge? I presume they are due for demolition too, but given that they back onto open fields, I wonder if the plan is to dynamite them, and if so, when?

Either way, I guess it's a bitter sweet moment, as I am sure many people with happy menories of The Heights are sad to see them go, but I have to say from my perspective of living right next to Sandbourne, with all the antisocial behaviour that came from there, I don't particularly mourn its passing.
Posted By: hoseman Re: moreton highrise flats - 20th Jul 2011 6:04pm
They were thinking of blowing them, but as close to residential, i think they will just knock them down, This block had to be done slab by slab as close to road!
if you have noticed, Technical demolition are the same ones taking down the flats in Birkenhead AND blew the cranes in birkenhead dock!
Posted By: Snorlax Re: moreton highrise flats - 21st Jul 2011 5:53pm
It's interesting how society is changing. The whole idea of people living in tower blocks and drinking in pubs will seem so strange to my little kids in 20 years time.
Posted By: hoseman Re: moreton highrise flats - 22nd Jul 2011 3:45pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
They were thinking of blowing them, but as close to residential, i think they will just knock them down, This block had to be done slab by slab as close to road!
if you have noticed, Technical demolition are the same ones taking down the flats in Birkenhead AND blew the cranes in birkenhead dock!

Update on these is that they WILL be blown up! Spoke to the demolition guys today!
Dont know when, but if and when i find out you know where i will post it (No vicar...not up there!!!) doh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral