Forums
Posted By: Nibs28 Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:31am
Had the worst meal in wimpy on saturday, chips not cooked and member of the public helping with the plates!!! woman who served us had very dirty finger nails. complained about the chips and asked for our money back and was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way we were getting our money back and we were in the wrong. horrid manager, who had 5 mins before been giving 2 young girls a staff appraisal in the restaurant. heard everything...they were getting a right telling off for not asking if customers would like to go large with their food!! never ever agin will we go back there. mad
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:38am
OMG you must take this further and write to or email head office.
You could also ring Envioromental Health and make them aware of their 'sloppy' lack of standards!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:40am
never been in a wimpy, doubt id ever bother

filthy manufactured food, certainly wouldnt feed it to kids noonoo
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:51am
deffo going to complain. spur of the moment decision that we decided to eat there. sort of ruined a pleasent afternoon...my heart was thumping when i left. sick
Posted By: rocks Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:53am
id write and complain too, i dont go to places like that, i cant afford for someone else to cook my food ha
Posted By: TheDr Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:55am
If you want a classic view of how NOT to do it, try McDonald's in Ellesmere Port (the one in town, not Cheshire Oaks).

Their system seems to be that they bring the tray of cooked and prepared burgers to the front of the servery, and the staff who are serving customers (handling money etc) then wrap them.

There is no handwashing, they just turn from the till, wrap the burgers, back to the till, and give them to you. Nice frown
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 9:59am
Again,make Envo' Health aware of this bad practice!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 10:11am
The address of head office is

Wimpy Head Office

by mail...

2 The Listons
Liston Road
Marlow
Bucks
SL7 1FD
by phone...

Tel No. 01628 891655
Fax No. 01628 474025

by email...

Email: [email protected]
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 10:31am
To be honest I'd rather eat my own arm than go in to either Wimpy or MacD. I love good beefburgers but get my own and cook my own.
oldman
Posted By: Nigel Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 10:44am
Originally Posted by Nibs28
Had the worst meal in wimpy on saturday, chips not cooked and member of the public helping with the plates!!! woman who served us had very dirty finger nails. complained about the chips and asked for our money back and was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way we were getting our money back and we were in the wrong. horrid manager, who had 5 mins before been giving 2 young girls a staff appraisal in the restaurant. heard everything...they were getting a right telling off for not asking if customers would like to go large with their food!! never ever agin will we go back there. mad

It's all down to cost cutting and profit, the companies themselves don't give a flying *uck about the customers or staff!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 10:55am
deffo going to complain. spur of the moment decision that we decided to eat there. sort of ruined a pleasent afternoon...my heart was thumping when i left. sick

You are entitled to your money back!
I went through the kfc drivethrough once and found a hair in my burger, needless to say I went straight back and through it on the counter.
They tried to give me another meal but I refused and demanded my money back.
Making a fuss whilst there are customers there helps too, I got my money back.
Maccy d's don't cook their chips properly anymore at the rock, theyre still raw most of the time, if it's not things missing it's something else. no
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 11:00am
Originally Posted by Band sick yCoot
To be honest I'd rather eat my own arm than go in to either Wimpy or MacD. I love good beefburgers but get my own and cook my own.
oldman

Same here places like that used to be nice,now god knows wot you find in the food
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 11:53am
probably why they are not a successful food chain anymore.

their old restaurant used to be huge.
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 12:53pm
your arm would have tasted better. sorry bit of cannibalism there.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 1:08pm
your arm would have tasted better. sorry bit of cannibalism there.

Lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 1:11pm
Surely you didn't go to Wimpy expecting it to be anywhere near decent?

Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 2:25pm
I appreciate what your saying. But what i do expect is when a compliant is made that i be treated fairly and that my complaint is heard. The so called manager of Wimpy was a rude arrogant man who didn’t listen. Made me and my partner feel like dirt.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 3:12pm
Had a similar experience in BK. Decided to take it further and recieved a full appology and £20 worth of vouchers smile
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 4:01pm
I can only sympathize with you but at the same time, why even go in there? Place like this are total trash you would be better in some greasy spoon type in the Market. As for doing something about it, definitely call Enviro Health, dirty fingernails is disgusting. Hope you get somewhere with this.
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 4:09pm
I have now emailed my complaint to wimpy. will let you know how i get on. Good grief i really hope we dont get money off vouchers for a meal. LOL
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 4:32pm
i dont know the manager personally but heard a lot about him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 5:04pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
oldman

You wanna open ya own chain mate "Bandy's Burgers"!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 6:03pm
I get mine from Russells Butchers in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire. He's got a website if you fancy having a look. Yum, yum.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 7:33pm
Last year I stopped off at Sandbach services and ordered a burger. While I was waiting some guy walked behind the counter, opened the till and removed the notes. The 2 kids on duty were behind by the griddle and the boy went to stop the guy walking back out. It turned out that this "thug" was in fact the services security guy and he was making a point with the staff that their till was not locked and anyone could have done what he did - no doubt they were in the wrong but that eas not the way to teach them.
I was raging because a) not one of them acknowledged the fact that a customer witnessed all this and I was just about to ring 999 (I now wish I had) and b) it he was making an example of them by bullying them.
I e mailed the company (as Mrs Angry of Wirral raftl ) saying how I wasn't impressed by their staff training methods. The boss was hugely apologetic to me and wanted my address - Yeah right, I'm going to give my address out to someone who employs thugs. I told them they could contact me through my work address - they didn't lol
If this guy in Birkenhead was doing their appraisal in public or as a group he was breaking every rule in the book as an appraisal is confidential and should be down in private
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fast Food Complaint - 18th Jul 2011 7:43pm
I have now emailed my complaint to wimpy. will let you know how i get on. Good grief i really hope we dont get money off vouchers for a meal. LOL

You should recieve a phone call soon from the area rep to talk to you about it. Try to keep your cool with who ever it might be and you should get some freebee's smile
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 6:41am
hey with luck they may ban you from all wimpys across britain !

your diet will improve no end sick

(joke)
Posted By: Snickas Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 7:31am
[Linked Image]

sorry but that was funny!
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 9:59am

We refer to your email and were sorry to learn of your disappointing visit to the Birkenhead Wimpy on 16 July.
We must advise that we do not have any involvement in the day to day running of this particular outlet as it is owned by Mr A Chaddah and trades as Wimpy under a franchise arrangement with our company. As a franchised operation it is visited regularly by our own field management to ensure standards are maintained but in spite of their endeavours there are occasions, such as you experienced, when things are not as satisfactory as we should like and we are extremely sorry that you have had cause to complain about an establishment bearing our name.
We were concerned to receive your complaint and have arranged for our own District Manager, with responsibility for operational liaison, to visit the site as quickly as possible to discuss your comments with the owners and hopefully ensure the necessary steps are taken to prevent similar situations arising in future.
Thank you for taking the trouble to write to us regarding this matter and we sincerely hope your experience at Birkenhead will not deter you from visiting other Wimpy outlets in future.
Holly Collings
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 10:00am
And here was the reply.....
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 10:12am
I went to BK in Birkenhead about 2 weeks ago on my lunch the the chicken royale lettuce was brown.
Posted By: Maisie Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 10:35am
I took my kids to MacDonalds in Rock Ferry last week, and there was a woman complaining about little tiny flies flying around. The young girl that was told to "sort" them out, decided she'd squash the flies that were congregating by the windows, actually on the windows with a cloth, then proceed to wipe the tables down...YUUCKKK!!

Now baring in mind it has only just recently been refurbished. The new lampshades look nice from distance...till you look up and see loads of tiny dead flies inside them frown

Needless to say we will not be going to that Macdonalds again!

Health & Safety Inspector here I come!!!
Posted By: FaCrE Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 12:13pm
Not being funny here.. but 99% of all threads and topics on this site now involve winging, finger pointing, name calling or "I just witnessed 4 people get run over by a bus! Photos and names included for the nosy gets"

So what???

Im pretty sure that no matter how clean YOU think your own kitchens are, these fast food outlets trump your own hygiene standards.

Had enough of this site now. Its pathetic, full of none stop whinging... "Oh no dont hurt the little animals" or "Someone farted in front of me in a shop. I must inform the local council"

This used to be a MODIFIED CAR SITE for the "Boy Racers" back in the day. Just seems to have turned into an online Nursing Home!
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 12:53pm
Back in the day? what 2010 when you Joined? see ya then!
Posted By: FaCrE Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:06pm
I was an original member.
Forgot original log in details so made this last year to see what was going on.

So yeah, see ya then x
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:17pm
Who where you originally FaRcE - there are still some of us originals here who remember the good ol' days wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:20pm
Originally Posted by FaCrE
Not being funny here.. but 99% of all threads and topics on this site now involve winging, finger pointing, name calling or "I just witnessed 4 people get run over by a bus! Photos and names included for the nosy gets"So what???
Im pretty sure that no matter how clean YOU think your own kitchens are, these fast food outlets trump your own hygiene standards. Had enough of this site now. Its pathetic, full of none stop whinging... "Oh no dont hurt the little animals" or "Someone farted in front of me in a shop. I must inform the local council"
This used to be a MODIFIED CAR SITE for the "Boy Racers" back in the day. Just seems to have turned into an online Nursing Home!

There is a separate part of the forums for that lol laugh

What's up? Birkenhead cruise down again?

If your so arsed don't read it, simples!
Posted By: Maisie Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:30pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Not being funny here.. but 99% of all threads and topics on this site now involve winging, finger pointing, name calling or "I just witnessed 4 people get run over by a bus! Photos and names included for the nosy gets"So what???
Im pretty sure that no matter how clean YOU think your own kitchens are, these fast food outlets trump your own hygiene standards. Had enough of this site now. Its pathetic, full of none stop whinging... "Oh no dont hurt the little animals" or "Someone farted in front of me in a shop. I must inform the local council"

There is a separate part of the forums for that lol laugh

What's up? Birkenhead cruise down again?

If your so arsed don't read it, simples!

laffin
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:35pm
Someone farted in front of me in a shop.You're lucky to be still around if it was plusone in front of you in that shop.
99% of folks on here are not involved in whinging, finger pointing, name calling or "I just witnessed 4 people get run over by a bus! Photos and names included for the nosy gets"

sorry for being off topic folks

Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:44pm
Originally Posted by jabber
hey with luck they may ban you from all wimpys across britain !

your diet will improve no end sick

(joke)

i'm barred from burger king in birkenhead smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 1:56pm
I was an original member.
Forgot original log in details so made this last year to see what was going on.

So yeah, see ya then x

Missing you already........NOT!
yipee
Posted By: Nibs28 Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 3:46pm
Bloody hell, what has happend to this forum!!! all i wanted was some feedback to my disastrous lunch at Wimpy. To those who replied i thank you. xx
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 4:29pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
Back in the day? what 2010 when you Joined? see ya then!

raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 5:02pm
my post was changed by the people who own this site dunno if it was due to someone who owns the site knowing the manager of wimpy and doesnt like the truth coming out about him
Posted By: Mark Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 5:08pm
I changed it!

We can not get caught up in personal comments about someone you said in your post was something that you heard. Unfounded.

This forum isnt the place for those type comments to come out.
Ive left the bits we can keep in there.

its nothing about the truth. Its about what we are allowed to say and not say. As we don't know your name and address.

Slander is an offence.
So i like to think i'm protecting you and wiki.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fast Food Complaint - 19th Jul 2011 5:13pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
oldman

You wanna open ya own chain mate "Bandy's Burgers"!!

He'd run out of Bandy arms too quickly... think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral