Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 6:35am
Anyone with a Beko Fridge/Freezer is advised to check their model number because of the risk of them causing a fire. If your model number begins with 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 or 06 then get in touch with Beko and they will do a mod on the appliance to make it safe.
Posted By: angie Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 8:56am
Hi my model number starts with 00 and I rang comet as I bought it from them and because my serial number starts with CG they said it wasnt affected ,so if you cant get through to Beko give comet a ring .
Posted By: movingtables Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 10:35am
SERIAL NUMBERS OF BEKO FRIDGES AFFECTED

CA 5411 FFS/FFW/FFX
CA 7014 FFX
CA 7015 FFW/FFS/FFX

CDA 539 FS/FW/FX
CDA 543 FS/FW/FX
CDA 645 FW
CDA 647 FS/FW
CDA 648 FS/FW
CDA 653 FS/FW/FX
CDA 659 FS
CDA 751 FS/FX
CDA 752 FS/FW/FX

CS 460 FF/FFS/FFSD
CS 461 FFW/FFS
CSA 4706 FFX
CSB 4606 FFSD/FFS/FFW

Posted By: Bench Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 3:43pm
I posted this info on the 5th.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/542307/Beko_Fridges.html#Post542307
Posted By: cameraman Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 4:41pm
Posted this on the previous link.

The timers that are catching fire are not cheap tacky far east crap, they are made in the USA. The reason they are catching fire is that the box that holds them is screwed upwards in the motor compartment inside a plastic box. The box is prone to filling with water, especially if the foam insulation has started to break down and water has started to build up inside. This causes arcing and can, in rare cases cause fire, especially if the owner has never pulled the thing out to clean and it's covered in dust and cobwebs. 255,000 units have been sold in the UK and it's the ones made from Jan 2000 to Summer 2006. The last number of the serial is the month.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 6:18pm
our has one of them numbers on it oshocked
Posted By: starakita Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 10th Jul 2011 6:38pm
my daughter had one dont know the model but her partner decided to defrost it & he smashed the back of it so the fridge & freezer didnt work told her it was just as well as it might have gone on fire
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 11th Jul 2011 12:45pm
Got to be honest fellahs, those numbers bear no relationship to the ones I've got on my fridge. I got the info from the Beko website FAQ's and a query on the problem. If they don't know then I don't know who will. Just be careful out there. There is a label in the fridge compartment which has the model number on it and mine tallies with the graphic on the site.
Posted By: cameraman Re: Beko Fridge Freezers Fire Risk - 11th Jul 2011 5:12pm
I will get the full info tomorrow in work and post it here. My company are fitting the modifications in the northwest and north wales region because Beko can't keep up with the amount of repairs. We are fitting about 200 kits a day
© Wirral-Wikiwirral