Forums
Posted By: LisaW Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 6:46pm
Hi, could anyone tell me what the building is at the end of Burdett Road. On Google maps aerial view, it looks like a J shape with another building attached.

Thanks

Lisa
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 6:55pm
think they are new ish bungalows :
Posted By: LisaW Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 7:00pm
Hi Stephen, it looks like a hall of some type. I can't work out how it's accessed from the road.

Attached picture Burdett.jpg
Posted By: LisaW Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 7:08pm
Just realised that the aerial maps are a few years old. Has the land been built on now ?

thanks
Posted By: Helles Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 7:32pm
Is it the scouts?
Posted By: LisaW Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 7:38pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Is it the scouts?

It does look like it now you've mentioned it. Thanks
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 8:29pm
I thought it was the brownies place actually. It's entered from Leasowe Road though (from what I remember) or at least there is an entrance leading up to the building from the main road.
Posted By: paulph25 Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 14th May 2011 9:06pm
It is the scouts, still there now and sis lives in one of the houses in the picture above.
Posted By: LisaW Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 15th May 2011 6:12am
Thanks for the replies. A family member is interested in a house that's nearby and I spotted the buildings on the aerial maps and curiosity got the better of me smile
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 15th May 2011 10:28am
it is used by brownies ,rainbows and the land by it is a field the girls use to camp in it in the summer and tell spooky stories my old house backed on to the field thats how i know. the entrance is on leasowe road by the bench and post box,it is still used by the guides, was there when i moved into house in 1986.The house you are talking about use to have a garage were front garden is
Posted By: LisaW Re: Burdett Road, Wallasey - 15th May 2011 4:00pm
Originally Posted by son51
it is used by brownies ,rainbows and the land by it is a field the girls use to camp in it in the summer and tell spooky stories my old house backed on to the field thats how i know. the entrance is on leasowe road by the bench and post box,it is still used by the guides, was there when i moved into house in 1986.The house you are talking about use to have a garage were front garden is

I did wonder as it has a good sized front garden. Thanks for the info smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral