Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 11:00am
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can hire a free room for a charity event?
Posted By: Nigel Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 11:13am
Originally Posted by amylou89
Hi,

Do you want the room Free or to Hire? there is a difference!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 11:18am
FOR FREE.

Sorry. I knew someone would point that out.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 11:38am
Ask the RNA stewardess in Park Road East. Don't know what their policy is but it's worth a try.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 11:44am
Originally Posted by amylou89
Hi,

What size.capacity are you after, and what area? What sort of charity is the event supporting?

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 12:22pm
It's a Pamper day for Mums & Friends who have been victims of still birth & neonatal deaths, I am planning on having up to 10 stalls and to offer sample beauty treatments & a make up consultant from local businesses. Looking for a place that will hold up to 100 people.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 12:40pm
Aha right, on the site where im based we have large facilities for provision of things like this, we currently hire out to services like slimming world etc, and with it being health-related the exec probably would have gone for it; but atm over half of the community facility area is undergoing refurbishment/building work, so im not sure it would be very comfortable to hold 100 people at present.

Ill have a word with the exec and see what the legal capacity is of the current available space and insurance status for charitable events, as he loves supporting anything health-related - he's a doctor lol. If you get stuck, im sure he would love to help if at all possible.

Would it be on a weekday or a weekend, if the latter, it expands the options a bit further.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 12:44pm
Looking at a Saturday Day, or if not a Friday

Thanks Matt smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 1:45pm
Hi,

Had a word with the manager, she is sayiong insurance will only cover for about 120 at full capacity, but is likely to be 40 - 50 at present.

She said if you get really stuck, she can see if she will sort something. Once you have sorted, she said you are more than welcome to pass some leaflets into the surgery or onto me, and she will place them in the public reception area's (think she was quite interested in popping along herself lol).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 2:21pm
Thanks Matt,

Please could you PM the details! I have got alot to sort out,
Im planning it for August 13th 2011 smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hall/Room Hire - 20th Apr 2011 2:53pm
Sure, will pop a PM shortly.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral