Forums
did anybody see the strange looking aeroplane which flew past Upton on Wednesday about 1 o'clock strange looking thing...body reminded me of a whale...couldn't see any windows...was it military or something....any ideas guys
It will be the beluga. It transports the wings from airbus uk to airbus france
Just saw photo on google ...that's it!!!!
Haha it comes into our work every day there is about five or six of them. The front lifts right up to load the wings on. Always get loads of plane spotters at end of runway waiting for it to take off
I've never seen one of them before like,freaky looking thing that.
It was the Beluga it ran parallel with Leasowe road ,going towards Moreton, not seen it round that way before as it's usual route is past Shell.

It's the wings that get me,the body is massive but the wings look very small on the thing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: strangelooking airplane over wirral 1 o'clock wedn - 25th Feb 2011 1:23am
That thing surely can't fly! What a strange looking craft. Wish I had seen it in reality not just a photo on Google!
You see it most days @ Cheshire oaks smile
That thing surely can't fly! What a strange looking craft.

It's real and it does fly, every time Iv'e seen it, Iv'e been in Ellesmere port or just going down the old road to Helsby, I was suprised to see it flying level with Leasowe road on Wednesday must be something to do with flying into the wind.
Could none of you lazy buggers put a pic up wink

Attached picture 60801-004-17446DA3.jpg
Bert,did you get out of bed on the wrong side hammer
Originally Posted by bert1
Could none of you lazy buggers put a pic up wink
Didn't Kryton do an episode about these on one of his 'wow, wtf!? How do they do that' programmes?... I remember him being in Broughton...
Not sure how long the Beluga has been in service, but it superceded the Guppy which had 4 turbo prop engines - another odd looking plane!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Lol laugh
ive seen that plane quite a few times, always wondered what cargo it carried. my kids think it looks like a dolphin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTemIpVFl1k
© Wirral-Wikiwirral