Forums
Posted By: milie need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 9:28pm
hi I work in a nightclub for 10 hours a week. I've been having a very hard time with them for the last 2 years over wage slips.
I recently received 10 for 2010 and 5 dating back to 2009.
I've ask so many times for them as the dole need them but never get any.
I was signed off work for 2 weeks end of June and I am still waiting for a letter to confirm I was not paid for this time so my money could be topped up by the dole.
I was also off for another week didn't receive holiday pay but my wage slip says I got paid?
I don't know what to do. How can I get them to give me the stuff I need?
It's causing so much stress as I have a 5 year old to care for.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 9:36pm
Ask them who thier accountant is and go directly to the accountants and threaten them with legal action unless you get ALL your wageslips.

Posted By: milie Re: need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 9:50pm
I've been there for about 3 1/2 years and they have had 2 diff accountants and they have just switched again. I have not even received a p60 for the last 2 years.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 9:56pm
which nightclub is it?
Posted By: milie Re: need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 10:51pm
would rather not say. If I could leave I would as I've really had enough now.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: need some advice - 6th Aug 2010 10:58pm
i used to work in one you see which i had the exact same problem with. i know how you feel smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: need some advice - 7th Aug 2010 12:27am
lol, probably paul from belvidere road raftl just go the accountants lad and ask for your wage slips smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: need some advice - 7th Aug 2010 7:28am
Has he been deducting Tax and NI??? If so then by law he has to give you a wage slip. If he has been deducting and won't give you wage slip then I would assume that he's been pocketing the deductions and I would report him to Dept of Work & Pensions.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: need some advice - 7th Aug 2010 6:18pm
Sounds like they haven't been paying tax or NI for you. Speak to the CAB.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: need some advice - 7th Aug 2010 6:44pm
Don`t listen to these, this is the real world, do that and you`ll be punished, just leave it is your best bet wink
Posted By: Handbag Re: need some advice - 7th Aug 2010 11:45pm
Are you part of a union? There are a lot of advantages to paying your couple of pounds a month fee. Any union worth its salt will know employment law inside out and back to front, and will be able to give you the propper advice on your rights as a worker.

I found a website for you to look at , there may be something there that helps.

http://www.gmb.org.uk/home.aspx

Posted By: milie Re: need some advice - 8th Aug 2010 10:38am
I don't pay tax as I only earn £60 a week.
Not part of a union.
The job centre just don't seem to listen to me as a few months ago they said we need your wage slips or your money will be stopped but I've been telling them I can't get them for 2 years.
Think I will try the CAB
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: need some advice - 8th Aug 2010 5:01pm
If you were paid into a bank then they usually accept bank statements although they have a good moan about it. Additionally the tax office can give some sort of statements which may help.
Posted By: milie Re: need some advice - 10th Aug 2010 4:36pm
Phoned the C.A.B today I've got appointment on Friday. They are going to help me to write a letter stating the info I want ie P60's and correct wage slips. They said there is a chance that my boss may be funny with me and sack me but if that was to happen I could then that them to employment tribunal.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: need some advice - 10th Aug 2010 5:52pm
Good Luck Milie - let us know how you get on
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: need some advice - 10th Aug 2010 6:03pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Good Luck Milie - let us know how you get on
hope you get it sorted queen!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral