Forums
Posted By: Artymum New Ferry Butterfly Park - 17th Mar 2010 3:27pm
Still in the midst of negotiations between the land owner and Wirral Council, New Ferry Butterfly Park will be opening as usual for the summer.

We're going all out this year, I'm working as an artist in residence there, we're going to have a small temporary sculpture trail in the park and are holding a grand opening on Sunday May 2nd with a bbq and art workshops to boot.

I am also looking for an empty shop in New Ferry to use primarily as a temporary visitor centre to help educate local people about the Butterfly Park and in part as an art studio where I hope to hold workshops in different art forms and other subjects such as conservation and gardening.

Anyone know how I would get in touch with commercial property owners in New Ferry, a lot of the empty spaces don't have to let signs up?

Will keep you all posted on developments.

Thanks
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Ferry Butterfly Park - 17th Mar 2010 3:34pm
We could all do with a bit more culture, sounds like a great idea Artymum!
Posted By: SUExx Re: New Ferry Butterfly Park - 17th Mar 2010 5:30pm
Yes keep up the good work Artymum, my dad would be pleased with what you are doing.He put this heart and soul into setting the butterfly park up.
Posted By: Artymum Re: New Ferry Butterfly Park - 22nd Mar 2010 5:08pm
Here's the link to my Butterfly Park blog, it'll be updated regularly whilst my residency is ongoing.

http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/projects/images/614533
Posted By: pacef8 Re: New Ferry Butterfly Park - 22nd Mar 2010 8:35pm
Nice one, say hi to paul for me, (i,m the guy on the bike)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral