Forums
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 9:49pm
Is anyone able to help me. My tax runs out tonight, but outside my fella's house there is anough room to park my car in front the house which will be off the road, will i still get done for it, even though you have 14 days to get it taxed?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 9:55pm
It will be fine so long as its off a public road.

With regards the tax though, it's a tricky one, on one hand the government tell you that you must tax it prior to the due date, but on the other hand they tell you that you can keep it off the road for upto 14 days before declaring SORN. Im not sure if the latter rule does not apply if the vehicle has no tax.

If you tax it in 14 days time, you will still pay for this month (it's not pro-rated) so you may as well just tax it. If you want to tax it for next month onwards (to stop the government ripping you off) you must declare it as SORN, and then tax it from the 29th December onwards, although you won't legally be able to drive it until the 1st December (and the post office will be reluctant to tax it even on the 29th).

If you tax it online, you can drive on the tax disc for upto 5 days before your new tax disc is recieved. So you would be taxed immediately.

smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 9:56pm
Private Road/ drive way? If so your ok.

Tomorrow go get your tax and you will be fine on this robbing highway.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 9:59pm
Thanx Matty. I know that but the problem is, is I dont the funds to tax it today, n its runs out at 12. I dont have the money until tomorrow. So I dont know whether I can just park it off road at the front of the house until I tax it tomorrow. It says on my reminder that

'by law, you as the registered keeper will not be committing an offence if you tax the vehicle or make it SORN within 14 days of the date your current tax disk runs out. You must keep your vehicle off the road during this time as you will be comitting an offence if it is used or parked on the road'
Posted By: scoops Re: No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 10:55pm
As long as it's on the drive you should be ok. Just make sure all wheels are on the drive as you could get a jobsworth who'll ticket you out of sheer bloody-mindedness.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: No Tax - 30th Nov 2009 11:54pm
you will be ok parking it on the drive overnight, dont worry about that

when you do tax it tomorrow, dont drive the car to the post office. get someone to take you if its too far to walk.
local traffic wardens/parking attendents will report you for driving an unlicensed vehicle even though you are going to buy it
Posted By: kimpri Re: No Tax - 1st Dec 2009 12:21am
Is this any help to you?

Attached picture scan0001.jpg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: No Tax - 1st Dec 2009 1:06am
I remember when I got me van clampped for no tax.....I left those cocks a message.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: No Tax - 1st Dec 2009 1:18am
thats dodgy the thing u have on the clamp...lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: No Tax - 1st Dec 2009 1:24am
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Is this any help to you?

Just to note, those rules only apply, if you have taxed your vehicle prior to the current tax disc expiring. So you have upto 23:59:59 on the last day of the particular month to tax it online.

Last month, I taxed my car online at 23:45 lol, so got in just before the cut-off point.

smile
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: No Tax - 1st Dec 2009 1:30am
It's ok av done it now - thank god, ad be a bit late now.lol.

Thank you to allfor your feedback.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral