Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 10:05am
im looking for some one who can help me please what it is is i left my full time job on the 9th april 2009 and was off for 6 weeks while searching for a new job i found a job in june and was self employed for 2 and a 1/2 months and then got finished up because of lack off work im currently only working one day a week and on job seekers allowence ive been told that i will recieve a self assesment form in april 2010,i was tld i could earn up 2 £6500 roughly before paying tax now as any one any idea what i have to pay tax on because apperently i have to pay tax on everything i earn this year even tho im already paying tax on the job ive got at the moment can anyone help im confused confused confused

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 10:19am
...tax self assessment dousent have to be taxing...
Bit of a joke that!
Hope u get sorted!
Posted By: bert1 Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 10:32am
Its, you may have to pay tax not you will have to pay tax, depending on your overall earnings etc, etc. I have been self employed for 25 years and have had the same accountant all that time, i wouldn't even try or wish to do my own accounts. I'm convinced his knowledge saves me at least what his fees are.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 11:11am
Depends how clued up you are. Used to do my own when renting out house while abroad. If you just follow the instructions as per the sheet it isn't too bad. It's when you try to claim allowances that they get arkward and accept what an accountant says but give you a hard time if there is any quibble. It's just a case of having all your paperwork handy because the boxes to fill in are quite straight forward. Get the forms and fill them in in pencil first to make sure you are happy with it, go over in ink and rub the pencil out. The accountants fees are tax deductible by the the way.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 12:56pm
i was only there for 2and a half months ive got all my dates down and and only got paid 3 times so there wll be no need for accountant so hopefully be pritty straight forward and thanks for the help
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 1:08pm
Good man, just keep your wits about you and it'll be ok.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: tax self assesment - 13th Oct 2009 4:48pm
If you get stuck fella, get an accountant. They will try to rape you if you make a mistake. Id recommend my accountant, very good rates, but he's based in Manchester nowadays so probably a bit far to travel for a one-off lol.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral