Forums
Posted By: Jubbly School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 21st Aug 2009 10:09pm
Can anyone help me out here ? I am so annoyed that Asda dont stock anything in navy for over 11's. My daughter is due to start Weatherhead in September and I happily plodded into Birkenhead today confident I could get it all in the market. Not so. Times have changed since my mam rigged out me and my brothers in under an hour flat at the one stall.

I was directed to wirral schools uniform shop where I swiftly went into shock at the extortionate prices. £9 for a skirt that Ethels Austins are currently selling as two for £7.50....

I bought the blazer, 1 jumper and a tie - in total £38 - and got out of there as fast as I could. The shops only saving grace is that I can take in ordinairy (and better quality) jumpers etc to have the logo sewn on for £3. So this is what I intend to do.

The problem I have is getting hold of plain navy polo shirts for PE. Ideally two. Anyone know where locally to buy them besides that school shop ? Although they are £6 with the logo ( and it would work out near as dammit to buy a shirt and have the logo sewn on) they didnt have her size in stock and couldnt say when they would.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 21st Aug 2009 10:17pm
there is a shop that sells uniforms in Liscard by power ponit, very Cheap to.

hope this helps smile
Posted By: Jubbly Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 21st Aug 2009 10:29pm
Omigod I forgot about them ! Thats how demented i've been today ! Thanks Jase I'll nip up tomorrow smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 21st Aug 2009 10:30pm
no worrys, hope you find what your looking for. smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 21st Aug 2009 10:57pm
have u tried sainsburys and matalan... failing that ebay maybe??
any of these any good havent checked for sizes so appologies if there not what ur looking for x

http://direct.asda.com/george/clothing/10,default,sc.html?q=navy&start=0&sz=12
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 22nd Aug 2009 9:33am
Aaagh! The dreaded 'uniform shop'. This time last year was my last time.
All stressed out, haggling for attention in the market! I dont miss it.
Got a similiar problem now tho- w.m.c only informed my daughter she got her place ydy and i gotta find £50 before mundy for her uniform!
Posted By: Jubbly Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 22nd Aug 2009 6:57pm
So I finally got the polo stops - a steal at £2 each for the last two in her size at the uniform shop in Liscard and the only skirt in the shop in her size for £4. Everything is half price but the sizes are limited and thats all I could get there.

I'd given away her 5 navy primary school skirts which actually still fitted ok so I had to get in touch with the mam and beg 2 back - oh the shame lol

All sorted and thanks for the suggestions peeps smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: School Uniform ....Demented Finding Stuff :( - 23rd Aug 2009 11:05am
glad you sorted it. happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral