Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David SS Radio - Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2009 10:37pm
Anyone know where this place is or even a phone number. bearing in mind i dont know wallasey to well. for some reason i cant get on google to look.

sounds like the phono cable on my turntable has died and been told they should be able to fix it.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2009 10:52pm
Yep SSRadio is on Mill Lane if you goto liscard and see the tower and the church SSRadio is across the road from the church happy
Posted By: topofthepops Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2009 11:44pm
Originally Posted by Deadmau5
Anyone know where this place is or even a phone number. bearing in mind i dont know wallasey to well. for some reason i cant get on google to look.

sounds like the phono cable on my turntable has died and been told they should be able to fix it.

Number used to be 638 6910.
Posted By: hoseman Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 5:49pm
Great guys in there, used them a few times years ago to repair some WW2 military radios for me, even had the VALVES in stock!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 6:50pm
Have you tried "Wallasey 6910"!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: topofthepops Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 7:18pm
That is brilliant raftl
Posted By: bri445 Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 7:44pm
Advert was to boost the sales for the Coronation, June 1953. Thousands got their first tv set then, including my uncle in Moreton, where we went to view. It was a Pye 12 or 14inch, black and white of course!
Posted By: bri445 Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 7:51pm
Like this one.

Description: Pye
Attached picture Pye.jpg
Posted By: Snodvan Re: SS Radio - Wallasey - 23rd Jul 2009 8:18pm
Originally Posted by bri445
Advert was to boost the sales for the Coronation, June 1953. Thousands got their first tv set then, including my uncle in Moreton, where we went to view. It was a Pye 12 or 14inch, black and white of course!

Yep, I remember that scenario. My gran, mum and I (I was 11) went to stay with relatives in London for the Coronation. Dad stayed at home because he had to work.

When we returned we found he had bought a Pye 12" set so he could watch the events. It was the second set in our black of roads

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral