Forums
Posted By: gerardmurray anti social behaviour - 5th Jun 2009 4:23pm
why oh why should the peace of a neighbourhood be blighted by kids constantly kicking footballs against ourwalls and ontwo occassions through my windows parents dont seem to care and you are met with abuse or worse is ther alaw against this or what
Posted By: MissGuided Re: anti social behaviour - 5th Jun 2009 4:49pm
Hi gerard - I would suggest that if you feel strongly about this (and I can understand why), that you contact the Wirral Anti-social Behaviour Team. Sometimes all it may take is fo rthem to have a word with parents in the area, tp make them aware that some other residents find their children's behaviour anti-social.

In any case, harassment should not be judged on whether or not the perpetrator feels they are guilty of it or not. If you are genuinely distressed/intimidated by a behaviour then that is technically harassment.

Do you know of any other neighbours who share your sentiments? It may help if there is more than one of you raising the issue. Otherwise people can tend to think you're just making a fuss. Nevertheless, if it is affecting you, I think you should seek advice/guidance from WASBT.
Posted By: gerardmurray Re: anti social behaviour - 5th Jun 2009 4:52pm
do you know the contact details and thanks for replying
Posted By: MissGuided Re: anti social behaviour - 5th Jun 2009 5:01pm
Hi
The Council website has the details here .

They will probably initially take a brief statement from you of what is happening and send you Report forms to complete. This you should do every time you consider there to be a disturbance/distress. I made the mistake of not doing a form for every time there was antisocial behaviour with a neighbour. The more forms they receive the more seriously they will take your case. Be patient with them though, as they are dealing with a lot of serious cases - I hate to say more serious than your's because I don't want to say your's is not important - what I mean is that they have to prioritise cases based on the affect it is having on people e.g. a risk of violence/criminal damage etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral