Forums
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 8:14pm
Does anyone know of any good window cleaners in the Prenton area.
We have used the same one for over 10 years and he keeps bumping up the price and now he has just put them up to £4 which is ridiculous and us and other people in the road have just cancelled him coming so he is loseing alot of custom from it.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 8:59pm
Sounds like a job opportunity to me. (well not me cos I'm a girly and I don't like heights!) blush
Is it worth anyone starting up and under cutting him? whistle
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 9:33pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Sounds like a job opportunity to me. (well not me cos I'm a girly and I don't like heights!) blush
Is it worth anyone starting up and under cutting him? whistle

Was thinking that meself, i would do it for 3.50 a house.
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 9:37pm
I cant remember theres that whats his face
No hes the milk man

Dammit I forgot frown
Posted By: kimpri Re: Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 9:45pm
how often did he clean them
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Window Cleaner - 4th Mar 2009 9:59pm
he usually made them dirty

He never really cleaned them much
Posted By: oggie Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 12:08am
Originally Posted by Mr_Ice_Man
We have used the same one for over 10 years and he keeps bumping up the price and now he has just put them up to £4 which is ridiculous and us and other people in the road have just cancelled him coming so he is loseing alot of custom from it.

Stick with him,I live off North Rd and have been quoted £19.00 to do my windows.

Chris

Infact send him down this way
Posted By: kimpri Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 12:37am
got to be may bank /west bank rd big houses there.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 6:17am
£4 a house is bloody cheap imho, our window cleaner wanted £6 just to do the front of the house.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 7:36am

Buy one of those long pole things with the sheep's wool on one side and the windscreen wiper on the other and give it to the wifey for her birthday
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 8:13am
Originally Posted by bert1

Buy one of those long pole things with the sheep's wool on one side and the windscreen wiper on the other and give it to the wifey for her birthday

Make sure there's a hook on the end of the pole so when she shoves it up your @rse you can get it back out. smirk
Posted By: bert1 Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 9:07am

Make sure there's a hook on the end of the pole so when she shoves it up your @rse you can get it back out. smirk

Just thought it was lighter for wifey to carry, than ladders. yes
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 6:11pm

You're all heart you wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 6:27pm
[quote=bert1]

You're all heart you wink [/quote]

Thank you for saying so tease
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 7:19pm
I like Windows laugh
offtopic spamup
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 7:23pm
Originally Posted by Jamie_LFC
I like Windows laugh
offtopic spamup

Are you smoking a spliff Jamie?
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 7:27pm
i thought that aswell u sure your not jamie
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 7:31pm
lmao he must be lol

do your windows you self MR Iceman wink
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Window Cleaner - 5th Mar 2009 8:27pm
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
i thought that aswell u sure your not jamie

joyride Maybe smile
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Window Cleaner - 6th Mar 2009 8:34am
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
lmao he must be lol

do your windows you self MR Iceman wink

I carnt the warm water will melt the ice hehehe. grin
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Window Cleaner - 6th Mar 2009 9:08am
lots of little ice men melting lol
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Window Cleaner - 6th Mar 2009 10:00am

MrIM

£4 is REAL CHEAP. "They" wanted £15 to clean my windows with a brush on a pole thing supplied with water pumped from their van. OK, I am a corner house with bays up & down on two sides BUT access is real easy all the way around the house. I had watched them 'clean' the windows on a neighboring house and was less than impressed so I declined their offer. I do it myself - once a month downstairs and like maybe once or twice a year upstairs. Maybe)

My mum pays £10 for her windows to be cleaned by hand (regular semi) back & front but for that they do not clean upstairs at the side of the house because they say the passageway is too narrow and their ladder will be unsafe.

£4 is real low. How long does it take to properly clean the windows on (say) a semi? I reckon with 2 people 20 mins absolute minimum with ladder moves etc. So the theoretical max is 3 houses per hour - and more likely 2 allowing for cleaning leathers, getting water, a morning/ afternoon break and lunchtime. That means £56/ day for a 7 hour working day with 1 hour lunch. Share that between 2 people and pay National Insurance, liability insurance and tax - and then you see how low is £4 per house

Snod
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Window Cleaner - 6th Mar 2009 10:08am
what annoys me about window cleaners...oh hold on wrong thread - i'll plonk this in the what annoys me thread raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Window Cleaner - 7th Apr 2009 7:18pm
Originally Posted by oggie

Stick with him,I live off North Rd and have been quoted £19.00 to do my windows.

Chris

is this a joke?
Posted By: oggie Re: Window Cleaner - 13th Apr 2009 11:04pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by oggie

Chris

is this a joke?

I wasn't laughing when he told me the price.Sorry only just caught up with this thread again.

Chris.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Window Cleaner - 14th Apr 2009 9:19am
I'm joining the £4 is cheap side. I pay £6. He comes every 6 weeks & uses the pole system. If it's used properly, the system uses de-mineralised water & it takes 2 or 3 goes before it works at its best.
Posted By: bobplum Re: Window Cleaner - 17th Jun 2013 5:42pm
I know this post has died and moved on but i just came across it and as a window cleaner i felt i had to inject some info into it

Firstly you have traditional window cleaning,ie ladders and a squeegee
secondly you have the water fed pole cleaning system
The 2005 working at heights regs restricts the use of ladders,unless you have attended a ladder safety training course and ladders are to be used only if there is no alternative safe method,thats why the water fed pole cleaning system is now the uk and european preferred method of cleaning windows because it meets all legal and safety requirements

Window cleaners ,in my opinion fall into sections
1)professional:adheres to the above requirements,offers electronic / internet payments,calls on a regular basis,leaves a slip when the clean is completed, text service if the gate needs left open, uniformed etc, etc

2)and the other section well probably none of the above,but thats up to them and good luck to them

What you then get is a price differential, no 1 will charge on average £10.00 a month for a three bed-semi,for this everything gets washed,doors, frames, windows, even the ones above the conservatory thats one of the advantages of the "pole system"
the traditional window cleaner well for £4.00 you get £4.00 worth of service and a cleaning.
i could go on all night but i want to leave with a thought for you: if the guy on the ladders falls on your property and he can prove YOU are negligent,ie the decking was not maintained,the paving / patio flags were not sound,laid properly etc he can sue.
by employing someone on a ladder there may be a small window of mitigation on your part
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Window Cleaner - 17th Jun 2013 8:10pm
id rather pay a fiver to have them done by hand the pole doesn't do as good a job theres plenty of window cleaners that don't do electronic billing text or uniforms yet offer a good old fashioned service
Posted By: chriskay Re: Window Cleaner - 17th Jun 2013 10:26pm
Originally Posted by bobplum

by employing someone on a ladder there may be a small window of mitigation on your part

Don't understand this last sentence; care to clarify what you mean?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Window Cleaner - 18th Jun 2013 12:01am
I think what he means is...

Window cleaner is up the ladder washing the windows, ladder slips on an un-even surface. Window cleaner gets hurt and then claims off the customer saying "floor wasn't level" etc.

If this did happen they wouldn't have a ladder to stand on imo.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Window Cleaner - 18th Jun 2013 10:07am
Originally Posted by MrPhil
I think what he means is...

Window cleaner is up the ladder washing the windows, ladder slips on an un-even surface. Window cleaner gets hurt and then claims off the customer saying "floor wasn't level" etc.

If this did happen they wouldn't have a ladder to stand on imo.

Oh, I understand perfectly well what the general idea of his argument is; it's just that the last sentence makes no sense to me. I agree with you; in my opinion it's the responsibility of the ladder user to make sure it's safe. If his judgment is incorrect and he falls, that's his own fault, after all, no-one made him use an insecure ladder.
Posted By: patchlouis Re: Window Cleaner - 28th Jun 2013 5:54pm
omg moaning about £4 the going rate is 5to 6 pound...clean your own if your that bloody worried about being ripped off
Posted By: sneakypete Re: Window Cleaner - 1st Mar 2014 4:38pm
In my opinion most window experienced window cleaners know how to safely use a ladder and they dont take silly risks, after all its not in there interest. I live in Heswall and i recently started using a window cleaning firm called Wirral Window Cleaning i am very happy with them as they do a great job!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral