Forums
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Job Seekers Help - 7th Feb 2009 6:35pm
If someone is on job seekers and they want to get glasses how do they go about it?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Job Seekers Help - 7th Feb 2009 8:44pm
Go to your opticans with proof of your benefit and book an eye test.It is then a case of signing a form taking the test and they then issue a presciption which is reedemable against certain price ranges of glasses if you want different then you make up the difference yourself not to sure what the prescription is worth these days.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 7th Feb 2009 11:34pm
Originally Posted by jonno40
Go to your opticans with proof of your benefit and book an eye test.It is then a case of signing a form taking the test and they then issue a presciption which is reedemable against certain price ranges of glasses if you want different then you make up the difference yourself not to sure what the prescription is worth these days.

Thanks for that mate, anyone know how much the prescription is worth please?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Job Seekers Help - 7th Feb 2009 11:41pm
Lenses are free but you pay for frames, the NHS voucher,I think is £40. SO it would be £40 off the price of the frames.
Posted By: Mark Re: Job Seekers Help - 7th Feb 2009 11:55pm
if i remember correctly Incapacity inst covered.
i know its job seekers but just thought i would mention it.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 8th Feb 2009 1:39am
Originally Posted by WADDI
Lenses are free but you pay for frames, the NHS voucher,I think is £40. SO it would be £40 off the price of the frames.

Cheers for that bud
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Job Seekers Help - 8th Feb 2009 2:27am
I feel £40 off a set of frames is not enough..I don`t ware glasses,but for people that need them should be given more of an allowance towards them.Ater all they are a necessity for a lot of people.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Job Seekers Help - 8th Feb 2009 7:54am
I don't know for sure but is it not possible to get cheap glasses from Boots for a few quid and have your prescription lenses put in them.

It reminds me of the opticians in Dublin, the sign said "If you don't see what you want in the window, you've come to the right place" hahaha.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 9:50pm
Cannot beleave it, ive worked since before i left school and never out of work till now, and ive had to apply for job seekers and ive asked for a crisis loan and they have give me £90.72p

Annoys me so much when the ammont i have paid in and hey can only help me out with that ammount grrrrr
Posted By: Wheels Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:00pm
im in the same boat IceMan frown
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:12pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
im in the same boat IceMan frown

Should say were a druggy and never worked in our life and maybe we will get more.
Posted By: Mark Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:33pm
IIRC

Registered Alcoholics get + £10 in there pay packet wink
Not bad eh smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:41pm
Me----> [Linked Image]<---- iceman = £10 smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:44pm
Why in the fook does an alcoholic need and extra £10 ?????? can any one explain this please ???
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 9th Feb 2009 10:49pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Why in the fook does an alcoholic need and extra £10 ?????? can any one explain this please ???

For drink pmsl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Job Seekers Help - 10th Feb 2009 12:00am
lol, i wonder on that note, will i get more money if i declare that im a bad pot head......and i take loads of LSD etc etc
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 10th Feb 2009 3:55am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
lol, i wonder on that note, will i get more money if i declare that im a bad pot head......and i take loads of LSD etc etc

Yep you will get the lot then mate lol
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Job Seekers Help - 17th Feb 2009 12:11am
Originally Posted by Mark
if i remember correctly Incapacity inst covered.
i know its job seekers but just thought i would mention it.

If you are on Incapacity Benefit or ESA you may still qualify for help through the NHS Low Income Scheme. Details here:

On Benefits ? Health Costs Help

smile
Posted By: kimpri Re: Job Seekers Help - 17th Feb 2009 3:42am
here's one for ye. Mr-ice-man talking about drunks.some guy drank in a local pub clue just been on fire? anyway was on mobility had mobility car got done few times for D/D got jail ..three year ban. .when he got out he had to get buses or taxis as he was disabled (my ass)put receipt's and tickets into DHSS to the sum of £2.200 over 12 months and got paid full amount got cashed in the pub. I know its fact As I worked there amongst other things to do with pub!!! we work pay taxes get finished up go 4 job seekers allowance get insulted...
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Job Seekers Help - 17th Feb 2009 7:02am
What pub has just been on fire?
Posted By: kimpri Re: Job Seekers Help - 17th Feb 2009 10:03am
pubs past present. look at pics 48 i put on last week
© Wirral-Wikiwirral