Forums
Posted By: Petal Autism - 20th Dec 2008 2:46am
Information on Autistic Children[/color]

Could any1 give me some info on Autism and is there any kind of play centres or days out just for Autistic Children in the wirral area Thank you
happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Autism - 20th Dec 2008 9:22am
pm sporty yellow. His career for the past 6 years has been there, well i know he worked for the wirral ortistic socioty and one in west kirby too
Posted By: Waddi Re: Autism - 20th Dec 2008 5:20pm
Are you in touch with Wirral Resource Centre;

The Wirral Resource Centre & Toy Library

Woodchurch Lane
Prenton
Birkenhead
CH42 9PH

Tel No. 0151-608-8288
Fax No. 0151-608-5335

Email: [email protected]

WIRRAL RESOURCE CENTRE AND TOY LIBRARY for Children with Special Needs is an OSFTED Registered Creche (No. 306524) providing quality care and support for the Children of Wirral and their parents and carers by dedicated staff and volunteers.

or even Wirral Autistic Society;

Head Office:
2 Grisedale Road
Old Hall Estate
Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3QA

Tel: 0151 334 7510

e-mail: [email protected]

Wirral Autistic Society is a leading edge charity for people with an autistic spectrum disorder.
We provide individual packages of support for people from all over the UK within our high quality services based in the Wirral.
Posted By: Petal Re: Autism - 24th Dec 2008 11:45pm
Thank you for the info happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: Autism - 25th Dec 2008 12:05am
Always happy to help.

Wirral Resource Centre and Toy Library is great, My youngest Daughter goes there and they have helped her and us (Myself, My Wife and other Daughter) alot. I Cant give them enough credit.
Posted By: Wench Re: Autism - 25th Dec 2008 12:31pm
My Mum works for WAS and loves it! I'm volunteering there on new years day. They are a very friendly and helpful bunch - nothing is too much trouble!
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Autism - 25th Dec 2008 1:07pm
hi just incase you are not aware of this site there is more information on autism and personal experiences which can be helpful
its-

Autism Speaks

Wirral Autistic Society is mainly for adults with Autism but they will help with links if contacted.
Posted By: Petal Re: Autism - 9th Jan 2009 12:50am
Thank you all for the info
Posted By: xX_Jennie_Xx Re: Autism - 9th Jan 2009 5:54pm
how old is ther child with autism ?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 5:59pm
Originally Posted by Wench
My Mum works for WAS and loves it! I'm volunteering there on new years day. They are a very friendly and helpful bunch - nothing is too much trouble!

who is your mum?
Posted By: starakita Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 10:42pm
my daughter & a boy that is in her year at school go to the centre on a Thursday evening for computer club.Its by the homebase in Bromborough now.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 10:43pm
they also do a kids club on saturdays.
i work for WAS been there years
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 10:45pm
Originally Posted by Wench

we sure are.and ya mum is great and funny
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 10:47pm
link to the society.they now do alot more for children

http://www.autistic.org/
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Autism - 29th Aug 2012 10:48pm
Originally Posted by starakita
my daughter & a boy that is in her year at school go to the centre on a Thursday evening for computer club.Its by the homebase in Bromborough now.

i might know your daughter
Posted By: raymondo Re: Autism - 30th Aug 2012 5:58am
my lad went the toy library and it is spot on helped us a hell of a lot was a good break for me and my partner to be with people who understand
© Wirral-Wikiwirral