Forums
Posted By: AX_125 SORN - 29th Jan 2008 2:25pm
My motorbike is declared as SORN and i think the MOT has run out. Where do i stand legally when getting my bike to a garage. Am i able to ride it to the garage while SORN?

Obviously i can't get tax until i get an MOT.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: SORN - 29th Jan 2008 2:31pm
If it's getting work done that is required for the MOT or the MOT itself, and it is a pre-booked appointment, then aso long as you are insured to do so, I believe you are allowed to drive it there. Obviously providing it doesnt have any major defect that would seriously comprimise the road-worthyness of it.

Im not 100% sure on this however, it's just the way I have alway's understood how the MOT law's to work; you can't tax a vehichle unless it has an MOT, so the tax issue should be irrelevant I think.

Im sure someone else can advise better.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: SORN - 29th Jan 2008 2:37pm
Hit the nail on the head smile

As long as the MOT is prebooked, and its insured, you can ride it there - providing, as m4tty said, theres nothing stupidly wrong with it - if thats the case get it trailored - for yours and everyone elses safety smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: SORN - 29th Jan 2008 6:53pm
yep, had this with the calibra. it's failed on brakes but they work so i can drive it to get the work done (25mph tops) it's insured so i'm covered.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral