Forums
Posted By: Mark Adult Education - 14th Apr 2007 11:24pm
Adult Education - or the Mature Student.

Where do you start, if you want to get more training
or brush up on your skills?

Who's your first point of contact?
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: Adult Education - 21st Dec 2007 3:50pm
i got my college course by taking a visit to conextions and they help find wat course ya wanna do then they apply u at diferent colligies in your area so ya no they make it easier laugh
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Adult Education - 21st Dec 2007 4:26pm
Just pop down to wirral met and speak to one of the advisers, They are very helpfull smile
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Adult Education - 22nd Dec 2007 4:34am
Originally Posted by Bravo__Sean
Just pop down to wirral met and speak to one of the advisers, They are very helpfull smile

i ave to agree wid sean there these wirral met advisors they do there very best to help and if they can not help they will point ya in the right direction for that help
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Adult Education - 22nd Dec 2007 7:00pm
I done my MCSE, it was the best thing i could ever have done.
Posted By: Mark Re: Adult Education - 22nd Dec 2007 8:56pm
I Done My MSCE In Liverpool But need the refresher course now frown
As i was NT4 MCSE.

It was an independent Training (Home Study) Course £2,000
back then, with Exams included.

Good to have but never used it to its potential at the time
due to various mid life crisis lol
Posted By: chiccy Re: Adult Education - 27th Mar 2008 8:48pm
id love to start a course in something... so i no something other than "just" bein a mum
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Adult Education - 28th Mar 2008 2:54pm
Im gunna do a sign language course next year, not for any reason other than i'd like to lol found out they do the classes at St James library laugh
Posted By: chiccy Re: Adult Education - 28th Mar 2008 4:26pm
izzy you may be interested in the baby signing then.. ive head there good.... havent had much experience meself but what ive heard its FAB!
Posted By: Mark Re: Adult Education - 28th Mar 2008 6:23pm
The Globe has a load of Adult courses listed this week.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Adult Education - 28th Mar 2008 8:43pm
You can walk in off the street and speak to a Learning Advisor at Conway Park and they will be glad to tell you what is available there and in your local neighbourhood as well
Posted By: Peachy Re: Adult Education - 29th Mar 2008 10:46pm
I went to Wirral Met! I'm doing an adults maths course on a tuesday night! Strange course but i need a high level in maths! But wirral met set me up and were very helpful!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Adult Education - 29th Mar 2008 11:20pm
Is it still like a big kids school atmosphere in Wirral Met?? This is one of the main things that put's me off these type of places, the fact that everyone I know who went there, has acted like kids until they have left, all have said its just like going to school, except you have more money!!

smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Adult Education - 30th Mar 2008 6:20pm
Depends on the course you do tbh. I like Wirral Met, not too fussed on Conway park cas you get all the bitchy hairdressers there.. but its really not that bad.

And Chiccy, you mean makaton ? I've learnt a bit of that in the nursery im working at, its pretty good and since im going into working with children then its something i need to do, but after about the age of 5 they start using adult sign with children smile
Posted By: Corky100 Re: Adult Education - 8th Jul 2008 11:24pm
Try UKonline in Liscard, if you need basic PC courses.

Will be running Myguide (for PC Beginners) and the OCR accredited MS Digtal Literacy course very soon....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Adult Education - 8th Jul 2008 11:31pm
Where does Sage courses nowadays? Id probably give my business up if I trained in how to use Sage properly.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Adult Education - 8th Jul 2008 11:32pm
Actually on second thoughts jib that... but I still wanna train in it, but dont wanna pay £3000 to do so, any government establishments that offer it but at a better price?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral