Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Dangerous dogs - 31st Jul 2023 10:53am
What do you do if you and your neighbours are being menaced by a dog allowed to wander about unattended?

Wirral council merely advises you to call teh cops if its a banned breed, but how do you know or not?

If you know the owner, they will take action. Otherwise they will do noting.

Bloody useless. Eventually the thing thing will attack someone and infure or even kill them.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Dangerous dogs - 31st Jul 2023 2:46pm
If the dog is not in control of anyone and is in a public place then it is either a stray or a lost dog both of which come under the Council who have contracted to the Friends of Birkenhead Kennels.

If a dog is not in control and is menacing then that is a police matter, if the police do not act make a complaint against the police. Also get in touch with your Councillors regardless.

If a dog is being let loose without supervision then that is an animal welfare issue and I would report to the RSPCA.

I love dogs, I've been out twice today with dogs but any dog that is a threat to the public should be put down or in some form of captivity or restrainment. Its not a question of whose fault it is, it is purely a safety issue, not everybody is capable of wrestling gorillas.

There was an issue the other day where a very large dog ran at and jumped up on someone and was barking at their face, that is not acceptable never mind how much of an animal lover you are.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral