Forums
Posted By: jilly Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 1:14pm
Can anyone recommend a Telephone Engineer. Please message me
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 2:10pm
what for ? If you already have a phone the incoming line usually belongs to BT Openreach and their engineers look after it. If you have a phone problem your phone provider should sort it.
Posted By: jilly Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 2:27pm
The elderly lady who is having problems with her upstairs phone socket is with talk talk, if she gets them to repair it I would think it would cost her a lot of money.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 4:20pm
The old lady or you should call TalkTalk to discuss the situation. This is from their site, no charge unless they have to send an engineer and then it will depend on the fault.

Answer

If you're still having problems after exhausting all our troubleshooting advice, please contact our fault team on 0870 087 8777*. Select 3 for technical questions, set up and faults and then select option 1 for landline faults or option 2 for broadband faults. Our opening hours are 8am to 10pm Monday to Sunday and 9am to 6pm on bank holidays. Please see contact us for further ways to get in touch with us.

Note: This number is for fault reports only. Our agents are trained to answer your questions about faults or problems with your line, and will not be able to help with any other TalkTalk enquiries you may have.
What happens now?

A TalkTalk Representative with run through some tests with you and ask you a series of questions to establish whether or not you have a fault. They may need to raise the fault with a third party such as BT or one of our network providers. We will endeavour to contact you within two working days of reporting the fault with an update. Please note that if we have to send an engineer to your property you may incur a charge. See our Broadband Terms & Conditions for details.

* Calls to this number are free from your TalkTalk landline.
- See more at: http://homehelphub.com/Product/Talk...roadband-fault/1720#sthash.LLMbpOVm.dpuf
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 5:07pm
Originally Posted by jilly
Can anyone recommend a Telephone Engineer. Please message me
PM me - your PM's are full.
Posted By: cools Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 8:06pm
Not very impressed with TalkTalk, never had so many break offs. Today the Internet has been off and on so many times I've lost count. I was with Tesco BB and they finished their BB services just automatically switching us to Talk Talk. Think you could have gone with your own choice if wanted but I suspect most like me just stayed . It cuts me more for a worse service. Grrrrrrr!!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Telephone Engineer - 9th Apr 2016 8:13pm
If the downstairs phone is ok the problem is internal and probably be chargeable..phone engineer sounds bit expensive. Possibly try another handset in the upstairs socket or the upstairs phone in the downstairs socket to rule handset out. May just need a new extension cable.
Posted By: jilly Re: Telephone Engineer - 10th Apr 2016 8:31am
Tried the downstairs phone upstairs and that didn't work.
Posted By: Mark Re: Telephone Engineer - 10th Apr 2016 10:14am
You could purchase a extension reel.
It simply plugs into the master socket, and the drum has a socket to plug in.

Your going to pay a little more, but i would expext its cheaperthan a engineer and parts.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Telephone Engineer - 10th Apr 2016 10:14pm
I just love Talktalk's logic. If my phone line or Broadband isn't working, they'll send an engineer round to check everything. If he doesn't find a fault, you get charged. If he does find a fault, you get charged.
It was all explained quite clearly to me by a fully trained operative from talktalk, he told me: . . . . .
"I would like to tell you that if the fault is with d' er, er, the internal wiring or internal er, internal setup, in which the fault is not er, er, or the fault is not found, then, then, in that case only we will not be, in that case only, we will charge you £55.00 on your account".
This is a transcript from the actual conversation I had with him. Crystal clear explanation. Did I mention he was a manager?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral