Forums
Posted By: colin86 Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 9th Feb 2016 6:22pm
Hi guys and girls, just a update from the fundraiser I set up and posted about last week.. I have so far raised £415 for the mission, Everton fc have sent me a stadium tour for 4 to raffle off to go towards my fundraiser.. My work (Santander Birkenhead) are setting up a findraising week in branch for the mission and will match my fundraiser upto £700 also. So hopefully I will smash my target of £5.k and these amazing guys and girls will get their new mini bus.... If anyone else wants to donate or share for me please feel free as it's going to a truly amazing cause. Many thanks Colin. gofundme.com/zqn2utng

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 9th Feb 2016 8:29pm
Don't want to dampen the campaign but just so you know and for clarity fee of approx. 84p for every £10
so a £5000 target would attract a fee of £320 plus 20p for every donation

GoFundMe retains a flat percentage (5% in UK) of each Donation contributed to a Campaign and all charitable contributions made to a Charity (collectively, "GoFundMe Fees"). An additional payment processing fee is also deducted from each Donation and is payable directly to our third party payment processors (the "Payment Processing Fee," and together with the GoFundMe Fees, the "Fees"). Donors acknowledge that by contributing a Donation to a Campaign, the Donor is agreeing to any and all applicable terms and conditions set forth by a third party payment processor, in addition to these Terms of Service. Please see Fees at http://www.gofundme.com/pricing. Payment Processing Fees and links to the applicable terms and conditions of our third party processors are listed below:

•UK Users ONLY: Go fund me charge 5% Plus Stripe charges a fee of 1.4% + £0.20 for EEA issued cards and 2.9% + £0.20 for non-EEA issued cards. Read Stripe's Terms & Conditions.

Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 9th Feb 2016 8:37pm
I had no idea that was the case when I set this up, well the funds I raise from work won't be going through go fund me many thanks for that appreciated
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 10th Feb 2016 9:14am
I wonder how Paypal's fees compare? Perhaps setting up a 'donate' button on the Charles Thompson website to which you could direct people would be a more economical way of raising funds, if the CT webmaster can do it. A lot of people are probably registered with Paypal.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 10th Feb 2016 10:06am
Don't worry about it Colin .Its not a problem if people are aware about it. It is a convenient way to set it up with some clarity as the total amount raised is being displayed. I don't know about other charity giving websites what they charge. We all need to make a living.

I would imagine the cheapest way is to get the Missions bank and sort code and people to pay direct to the account and marking donations as Mini Bus/Transport Fund or something like that
It also has a registered charity number so can get tax back

Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson fundraiser update - 10th Feb 2016 2:39pm
Thanks guys for the info and help appreciate it. I'll just continue with the go fund me site.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral