Forums
Posted By: newbrightonmole Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 9:40am
Been having a problem now for a few months with my back

Is there any good back people local anyone has experience with or could recommend? maybe a chiropractor ? (not 100% sure what one is tbh!)

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 12:27pm
Depends what your back problem is, sciatica, muscular or something else (don't assume its physical, kidneys and other things can create extremely similar pain).

I had sciatica for years before finding ways of beating it.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 1:36pm
In the past, I've had good results from a chiropractor: it simply means one who uses his hands, from the Greek chiro = hand. Sometimes you will need to have X-rays taken first. Having a manipulation isn't usually painful but can produce some alarming sounds.

Posted By: organised_chaos Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 4:29pm
Hi, I go here
https://www.youngerchiropractic.co.uk/

Works for me.

Good luck
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 6:40pm
pain.Have every sympathy with you. Suffered on and off with back problems for years__muscular sciatica inflamed joints.done the physio cahiropractor/osteopath. Heat treatment bag of frozen peas orthopaedic mattress.sleeping on board, on floor with legs up wall Natural remedies like glucosamine krill oil . discovered that too much of certain foods would cause a tenderness in lower back . now a days just manage it when it comes on with cocodamol and ibuprofen and work through the pain. A good memory foam mattress works wonders better than firm ones.physio seemed better than the bone crunchers. Massage can also ease some pain .good luck.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 7:20pm
Fish... Going slightly off topic, you passed comment on a memory foam mattress. Thinking about investing in one. Have had a (very) firm mattress for years. Not getting the sleep I used to. Loads of aches and pains etc. when I wake up (usually knackered). Sooooo I gather you would recommend a foam job? Anyone else got one ? Comments good or bad?
Posted By: starakita Re: Bad back - 19th Oct 2015 7:33pm
I've got a memory foam mattress but one side is firm,supposed to use that side in summer but I didn't like it so keep it on the foam side.I find it comfortable.I suffer with my back due to having an epidural so sometimes do wake with a stiff lower back but I just take joint pain tablets & that sorts it
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 12:15am
check out frank mcbride, used to be by wallasey chinese
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 3:18am
Originally Posted by eggandchips
check out frank mcbride, used to be by wallasey chinese

CLICKY
Posted By: Tatey Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 8:04am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Fish... Going slightly off topic, you passed comment on a memory foam mattress. Thinking about investing in one. Have had a (very) firm mattress for years. Not getting the sleep I used to. Loads of aches and pains etc. when I wake up (usually knackered). Sooooo I gather you would recommend a foam job? Anyone else got one ? Comments good or bad?

Got one. Love it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 8:16am
Thanks Star and Tatey. Any more comments from anyone - good or bad? Thanks.

El Stiffo.
Posted By: granny Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 8:27am
Thanks Star and Tatey. Any more comments from anyone - good or bad? Thanks.

El Stiffo.

Got Dunlopillo 100% pure latex. Had it for years and years, still as good as new. Very similar to the memory foam I imagine, and it might be worth comparing Memory foam with pure Latex and also Talalay. Sleep like a baby every night.
You can also get 'toppers' which are a bit cheaper. They are incredibly comfortable as well, but I'm not sure they are the answer to a bad back. Make sure you have the right bed base for some of these . Never needed an electric blanket or hot water bottle ever since.

Come on Pinz, let those moths out of your wallet tease

http://www.thebest-mattress.org/memory-foam-or-latex-which-is-the-best-mattress/
Posted By: granny Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 8:34am

http://hcmattress.com/all-natural-latex.aspx
Posted By: Habdab Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 9:05am
If it's persistent, GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR!. Someone I know just got diagnosed with bone cancer in their spine after putting it off for months thinking it was just back ache. I don't want to scare you but it can have many different causes. Don't treat it yourself unless you KNOW what it is.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 9:20am

The mattresses usual have a memory foam layer bonded to a normal foam layer. The depth of the memory foam affects the price. I would go for 7 + 3 inch mem foam. you sleep on the memory foam side. Ebay singles around £100 (£120 for 7+3 inch) You can pay up to £400 or more for Tempur or other names. Would say the only down side is they get very warm and make you sweat ..they take a couple days to get used to. Actually look forward to going to sleep unlike when had firmer mattress. Not sure about the memory foam toppers you can just buy to go on existing mattress.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 9:25am
Memory foam is well recommended ,Well worth spending your money on.
Great nights sleep and very comfortable indeed.
Posted By: granny Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 9:34am
Originally Posted by Habdab
If it's persistent, GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR!. Someone I know just got diagnosed with bone cancer in their spine after putting it off for months thinking it was just back ache. I don't want to scare you but it can have many different causes. Don't treat it yourself unless you KNOW what it is.

Habdab has made a very good point.

You should get a diagnosis . More damage is done to backs by not having the problem diagnosed and remedied. It could be something in a totally different area that transmits the pain to the back.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Bad back - 20th Oct 2015 10:40am
Get yourself a good weight lifters belt for work and a good back support corset for when you are at home. I suffered for years after falling off a rugby cross post (don't ask).I tried all of the above one thing that seemed to make sense was keep your body in alignment or things could get worse.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral