Forums
Posted By: newbrightonmole where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 1:51am
Cant find it in the supermarkets.

I make a great healthly tea with it. i don't want the dried powdered stuff - looking for the root stuff (kinda looks like ginger)

any ideas?
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 6:28am
Have you tried Matta's in Bold Street, Liverpool. They might have it.
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 9:26am
Try here - they have loads of fascinating stuff including fresh veg. Morrisons in WK used to stock it, but don't any longer - you may even find it in Morrisons New Brighton

http://www.raanthai.co.uk/
Posted By: j_demo Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 9:51am
i second Matta's on Bold Street, Liverpool. if they don't have it they can almost certainly tell you where does.
Posted By: Giggler Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 10:26am
Abel and Cole will deliver it for you or you can even order it from Amazon!!
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 20th Jun 2015 6:28pm
Is this is the nickname for pot these days ? lol Could do with some erm tumeric ... for my insomnia and to relax !! Don't know anyone though sherlock
Posted By: j_demo Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 21st Jun 2015 11:21am
Originally Posted by GaryFromWirral
Is this is the nickname for pot these days ? lol Could do with some erm tumeric ... for my insomnia and to relax !! Don't know anyone though sherlock

erm... no.
it's a spice used in cooking in primarily Asian and middle-eastern dishes.

Wikipedia page

if you want some "pot" i can give you the numbers of a few contacts...
Posted By: fish5133 Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 21st Jun 2015 11:45am
where can you buy ANYTHING-----Ebay!

Its also used as an antiseptic. Was doing a job in an Indian friends house when I managed to cut my finger. She quickly spinkled turmeric powder over it. Stung a little and my finger was a weird orange colour for several days but healed ok
Posted By: Slinky Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 21st Jun 2015 12:49pm
Went into Matta's yesterday.

What a great place!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 21st Jun 2015 1:35pm
The "International" on Oxton Road will probably have it, they've got everything else but that's one thing I haven't actually looked for. It's like Aladdins cave in there for herbs and spices.
Posted By: valli Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 21st Jun 2015 5:14pm
Mattas definitely have it Natural root About £2.50 for a pack .
Posted By: Uffda Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 22nd Jun 2015 5:24pm
Sorry to go off topic but my sister in law who is a nurse told me about a friend of hers who had a diabetic patient with such bad ulcers that they were talking about amputating her leg. She refused and treated the ulcers herself with turmeric (presumably fresh not powdered) and it healed and saved her leg.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 22nd Jun 2015 6:09pm
The present study assessed the effectiveness of turmeric powder application on wound healing among leg ulcer clients in selected hospital of Tirunelveli District.The result of the study concluded that turmeric powder application is effective in the wound healing among leg ulcer clients.

SOURCE
Posted By: rocks Re: where can i buy root turmeric? - 1st Jul 2015 2:26pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
The "International" on Oxton Road will probably have it, they've got everything else but that's one thing I haven't actually looked for. It's like Aladdins cave in there for herbs and spices.

withthat i love this shop i just wish i knew what all the stuff was for
© Wirral-Wikiwirral