Forums
Posted By: organiser Laptop won;t power up - 6th Jun 2015 6:07pm
Dell laptop...battery died a month or so ago ..have been using it direct from charger....today while working on laptop suddenly no power....disconnected charger and it showed power in charger but as soon as I put the charger connector into laptop the charger cut out,,,,,help please

Thank you
Posted By: lansyp Re: Laptop won;t power up - 7th Jun 2015 7:30am
have you tried wiggleing the power port just inase it is loose
Posted By: Mark Re: Laptop won;t power up - 7th Jun 2015 3:46pm
Remove the battery completely from the laptop see if that makes any difference.
Posted By: Mark Re: Laptop won;t power up - 7th Jun 2015 3:48pm
The charger is probably preventing a charge as it's detecting a possible short ?

Look inside charging port for debris.
Posted By: organiser Re: Laptop won;t power up - 7th Jun 2015 8:21pm
Lansyp and Mark

Many thanks for reply....Yes I have tried your suggestions but to no avail I even purchased an expensive compressed air to clean connectors in case dirt was causing a short

Will have to get a technician to have a look I think

Thank you both

Posted By: organiser Re: Laptop won;t power up - 12th Jun 2015 5:23pm
Had the laptop into computer shop......told internal power cable needed replacing, paid for new one to be fitted then was told it still didn't work and that the motherboard had gone kaput.
I now have a disassembled laptop which is of no use but I need the information which is stored on the hard drive.....is there any way I can get this put onto a memory stick please

Thank you
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Laptop won;t power up - 12th Jun 2015 6:17pm
As the computer shop has failed you, I'd ask them to do the transfer, its easy enough and they should have the kit.

If you get stuck then PM me and I'll pop round and do it for you (free).
Posted By: organiser Re: Laptop won;t power up - 12th Jun 2015 7:28pm
Many thanks Diggin deeper Will go back to shop and see what they say

Thank you
Posted By: Mark Re: Laptop won;t power up - 12th Jun 2015 10:00pm
Originally Posted by organiser
Had the laptop into computer shop......told internal power cable needed replacing, paid for new one to be fitted then was told it still didn't work and that the motherboard had gone kaput.

Sorry that does not add up ??
If the internal cable was tested, to be the source of the problem, i can only assume from what you have said is they have blown the board.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral