Forums
Posted By: cools 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 10:58am
Planning to see the queens from somewhere, but know the obvious places will be crowded. Just read that they will head in formation towards Echo Arena the turn 180 degrees north. Would I be able to see them from perhaps New Ferry, they would have to go past Arena abit. Anybody know?
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 1:10pm
SCHEDULE

Saturday 23 May

10pm – Amazing Graces – state-of-the-art projections on the Three Graces exploring the spirit of Liverpool.

Sunday 24 May

9am – Queen Mary 2 arrives in the city and berths at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal. 10pm – Amazing Graces projections. 10.30pm – Firework display.

Monday 25 May

10.45am – Queen Mary 2 leaves the berth to greet her two sisters at Brazil Buoy (on the river between Crosby Beach and New Brighton). 12pm to 2pm – Three Queens meet and sail in formation south towards the Liverpool Echo Arena, and then north along the Mersey. 2.10pm – Queen Mary 2 leaves the city, Queen Elizabeth berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal and Queen Victoria anchors in the middle of the Mersey. 10pm – Amazing Graces projections 10.30pm – Firework display,after which Queen Elizabeth leaves the city and Queen Victoria berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal

Tuesday 26 May

4.30pm – A special musical sail-away performance to say goodbye to Queen Victoria 5pm – Queen Victoria sails out of the city.
Up-to-date details can also be found at www.cruise-liverpool.com
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 6:44pm
Originally Posted by cools
Planning to see the queens from somewhere, but know the obvious places will be crowded. Just read that they will head in formation towards Echo Arena the turn 180 degrees north. Would I be able to see them from perhaps New Ferry, they would have to go past Arena abit. Anybody know?
Picked up a booklet today called One Magnificent City (www.onemagnificentcity.co.uk/amazinggraces) This booklet suggests no further south than Woodside ferry for a decent spec.
Posted By: cools Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 7:01pm
Thanks Rude , didn't think I would get a good view from there but thought it might have been an idea.
Posted By: chris58 Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 8:05pm
Ive been and done a bit of a check, new ferry the view is blocked by the oil terminal, woodside best bet i plan on standing just to the right of the woodside terminal, you cant see right down the mersey as the ferry terminal blocks the view but i prefer to see them turning at the echo arena. Hope you get a good spot!
Posted By: cools Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 8:10pm
Thanks Chris . I will most prob head down to Woodside as well. You have a good day too...
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 8:52pm
Tricky decision. Parking is likely to be a problem--so public transport and walk best option or bike it. Ticket on the ferry might give a good view. Any high vantage points--seacombe town hall steps? Any of the public buildings on pier head side got windows facing the river?
Know people coming from derby just to see the event so it could be very busy
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 9:04pm
A million people estimated!!!! I will just 'moosie' down the road. laugh Missy already 'booked' the use of my drive grin

Could probs. fit two vehicles on my drive, if the first one parks 'high up enough'. Derek?
Posted By: granny Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 9:32pm
Three weeks ago, there wasn't a double or twin room available in Wirral for Sat and Sun night.
Getting on the ferry will be virtually impossible ,I imagine. Liverpool passengers first, so this side is likely to miss out.
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 Queens - 19th May 2015 10:22pm
The ferries i read are ticket only (Special Pre Booked tickets) mersey ferries making the most of it and charging for it too.

I think they do a drive pasts or bob bob bob in a long passs.

Cant remember where i read it but i thought crafty sods . . .
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: 3 Queens - 20th May 2015 2:49am
The Liverpool museum on the front at Liverpool takes the biscuit when it comes to charging .... The place is charging £60 to visit the upper floor when it's free entry the rest of the year... oh but you get 2 free drinks and nibbles !!! shocking though !!!! Best place to view in my opinion is somewhere inbetween Seacombe and Woodside .. there are some sweet vantage points !!! or the beach NewBrighton to Egremont would be nice too !!
Posted By: Dilly Re: 3 Queens - 20th May 2015 10:26am
I will be able to watch them come into the Mersey from the comfort of my garden with my nice cold bottles of bud and no parking problems smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 20th May 2015 6:30pm
Mersey Ferries Services During
Three Queens Event, 24 - 26 May

We will be operating special cruises during the three day event. There will be a limited number of tickets available for cruises on Sunday 24 and Tuesday 26 May.

Please check for updates on travelling to the event at www.merseytravel.gov.uk
Sunday 24th - Special cruises throughout the day.

Queen Mary 2 Viewing Cruise
Jump aboard a Mersey Ferry cruise to take in the majestic sight that is Queen Mary 2 framed against the Liverpool waterfront, with a live commentary on board throughout your trip. Check our website for more details about these cruises.

Tickets we be available on the day from ferry terminals and will be subject to availability as these cruises are expected to be very busy.

Monday 25th - All cruises are pre-booked tickets only and have sold out

Tuesday 26th - Special cruises throughout the day

Queen Victroria Viewing Cruise
Board a Mersey Ferry cruise to take in the majestic sight of the Queen Victoria framed against the Liverpool waterfront with an interactive live commentary on board throughout your trip. Check our website for more details about these cruises.

Tickets we be available on the day from ferry terminals and will be subject to availability as these cruises are expected to be very busy.

Travelling to the event

The Three Queens event will be a busy three days for transport. Whether you’re coming from near or far for the event, make an informed choice about how to get to the event and home again by seeing all your travel options at www.merseytravel.gov.uk
On Sunday 24th, Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th 2015 Saveaway Tickets, Trio Tickets and Concessionary Travel Passes will not be accepted at any time on Mersey Ferries. The only exception is Merseytravel pre-paid tickets and concessionary passes will be accepted on commuter services on Tuesday 26th (subject to time restrictions on individual tickets/passes). Click here for commuter timetable.
Car parking will not be available at the Woodside terminal and will be severely restricted at the Seacombe terminal as a result of crowd management arrangements in place.
Posted By: cools Re: 3 Queens - 20th May 2015 7:37pm
Port sunlight river park may be my destination to watch. Just seen it advertised looks quite good. Not been before so it will give me a chance to have a look and not far from me.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 12:06am
I think P. Sunlight River Park may be too far up river to get a close view.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 12:21am
You should be able to see them ok but it would be a bit hazy over that distance for decent photos.
Posted By: buddy Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 2:38pm
I'm travelling down to Seacombe on Monday, but parking will be a nightmare - thinking about parking on the old Morrison's car park - any thoughts from local members?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 3:59pm
Dont think that would be a problem. Taxi drivers use the carpark between fares.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 7:46pm
If you can get there! Good luck. Imagine it will be chocker coming off the M53 at Wallasey docks. If I was going to go think I would park near New Brighton and walk or bike it along the prom towards Seacombe. Decent spec when they sail away
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 21st May 2015 7:54pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/what...-2015-see-9253724#ICID=sharebar_facebook
Posted By: buddy Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 7:52am
Thanks for the info rudebox
Posted By: alwil1960 Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 12:08pm
I think I'll go to Bidston Hill with my binoculars ....
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 6:16pm
Is there any way to find out which roads they are closing in New Brighton ? Wondering if they are closing Molyneaux Drive ?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 6:38pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/three-queens-liverpool-2015-wirral-9308865
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 7:04pm
It doesn't say how we get in and out of the road tho ?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 7:19pm
Originally Posted by colette_clarke
It doesn't say how we get in and out of the road tho ?
I think you can get in and out. I live in a restricted parking area and neighbours have had no problems leaving and returning in their cars, during events like this.

I usually fling open my drive gates to (invited) friends and family to park there if they want to- that has never been a problem either.

(This time though I am going to put a sign up asking people not to park in front of my drive, just in case wink )
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 7:30pm
On another note, the street furniture on the new prom has all been spruced up and re-painted, there are extra bins too- in readiness.

There are also crash barriers at Seacombe Ferry terminus, unclear at the moment where they are going to be situated.
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 8:32pm
I'm sure last time when the tall ships were here we needed something to prove we lived there.. Can't remember though...

crash barriers ? what are they expecting oshocked
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 22nd May 2015 9:02pm
Originally Posted by colette_clarke

crash barriers ? what are they expecting oshocked
I suspect to provide a clear run for the people who have purchased 'special' cruise tickets??
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: 3 Queens - 23rd May 2015 2:19am
My friend has the cruise booked . But said it goes from Liverpool ??
Posted By: cools Re: 3 Queens - 23rd May 2015 2:35pm
Been down to Shorefields in new ferry to check out for Monday. It's a huge field and especially if you have some binoculars it's a pretty good view. I think even that will be crowded but should be able to see pretty good.....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 23rd May 2015 4:22pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/three-queens-liverpool-2015-live-9306951

Attached picture queens 1.jpg
Attached picture queens 2.jpg
Attached picture queens 3.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 23rd May 2015 9:32pm
About 200/ 300 people on the new prom to see the light display on the #3graces
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3 Queens - 24th May 2015 9:51pm
Its chocker atm re the fireworks. Gawd help us tomoz! crazy
Posted By: Moonstar Re: 3 Queens - 25th May 2015 9:39am
Our road now just about passable so not as bad as it has been on other occasions. So good so far.
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 Queens - 25th May 2015 10:52am
New Topic Running with all your pictures click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral