Forums
Posted By: venice Hermes - 24th Apr 2015 9:55am
First time for me. Im sending something electrical to a buyer who is willing to take the risk of it being damaged or going missing ( Hermes offer no compo for electricals) . I see on the Hermes website whilst buying the carrier label, you have to state what the item is. Anyone know if thats for their records only, or if that appears on the label itself? If its on the outside , I imagine the risk is much greater as bent employees could be selective and may just think they can half inch it without any following investigation.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hermes - 24th Apr 2015 10:25pm
Hi Venice. When you fill it in online it tells you what bit goes on the label and what goes inside the parcel. Remember don't package it up till you have printed the postal label as they ask you to put a part of it inside the parcels
I regularly use Hermes (about 30 parcels to date) and not had any cause to complain.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hermes - 25th Apr 2015 12:31am
Loads of bubble wrap, Hermes throw parcels over fences and gates.

I don't know why the regulator allows delivery companies to avoid compensation, it goes against logic.
Posted By: venice Re: Hermes - 25th Apr 2015 10:42am
Thanks fish and DD. Groan,Ive double boxed and parcelled it up with bubble wrap and wadding, within an inch of its life---and parcel taped it up like Fort Knox aready !!! Damn, I suppose I can cut a slit across it somewhere to insert whatever, and retape it , Im certainly not going to unpick the blinking thing.

I have warned the reciprient about the mixed reviews on Hermes , but his friend - like you fish, hasnt had any bother , so he's taking the risk.

Just have to keep my fingers crossed - Im going to feel bad for him if it does go astray.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hermes - 25th Apr 2015 5:59pm
Don't worry about the packaging slip not being inside. Ive sent a few off in the past. What you can do is stick it in an envelope and tape that to the parcel.

Posted By: venice Re: Hermes - 25th Apr 2015 6:10pm
Ah yes, I may do that thanks fish.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral