Forums
Posted By: venice Who is familiar with Nationwide fixed rate isas? - 12th Apr 2015 6:17pm
Can someone tell me about Nationwide accounts please. Trying to help a friend move his matured Nationwide FRISA to Leeds BS for a new fix.

Doing the transfer authority form , and its asks for the sort code and account number of the NW acc you want to transfer in. Well I cant work out which part is which. All it shows on his account (and Ill change some of the numbers) is 1588/385555670

Sort codes are 6 digits ,not four , and acc numbers are 8 not 9 long.

Can anyone explain please
I've got a couple of Nationwide accounts with passbooks which have sort codes, which I think is the Branch number.But
my FRISA has a similar set of numbers to yours, but doesn't have a sort code, give them a ring on 0800 30 20 10 or have a look on line.
Nationwide seem to have different sort codes and account number sequences for each type of account. We have 3 different account types and each is a different format. This is from their on line help.

Other Account Numbers

If you have an account number that looks like this 1234/123456789 then enter this exactly in the Nationwide account number field.

If the account number is 16 digits (credit cards) then enter this exactly into the Nationwide account number field.
Thanks folks . Why the heck cant they just make life easy and put the sort code /acc no/ ref or roll numbers clearly???

This old chap wants to move his isas to another provider and the form specifically asks for those 3 things.

The info is no-where on his own banking site , its ridiculous. we have now sent them a message asking for a list of sort codes and refs for every account he has.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral