Forums
Posted By: IanGsi16v Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 8:39am
Can anyone recommend a nice cheap skip hire company? Ideally only want it for one day just to clear out all the old rubble from my garden renovation.

One that supplied them on bank holidays would be handy too smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 9:59am
I think there all pricey now, as the rubbish has to be sorted into types now.

Ive not hired one in such a long time, so my guess would be out of date.

Let us know if you find one.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 10:13am
Not so much the time you have it that affects price but the size of skip. Just ring round a couple . Probably minimum £100 upwards depending on size. Some of the guys on here with vans may be able to do it cheaper depends on quantity and if it could be bagged. Photo might help
Posted By: IanGsi16v Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 10:25am
Thanks, I did think about just getting it cleared by a man in a van but there are a load of broken bricks, rocks and smashed pots that the previous owner stuffed around the back of the garage so got that to clear too smirk

Will just phone around a few places at lunch, general consensus is that they are expensive now a days frown
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 12:40pm
Some places offer yardage sacks rather than skips at a much cheaper rate. Similar to the large bags used to deliver a tonne of sand or crush & run etc. It may be worth looking in to.
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 10:43pm
Can you let us know how much it is cos I need one too at some point x
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 11:00pm
Clearance firms are usually cheaper than skips.

Other disadvantages of skips are the additional of a permit if its going to be parked on verge, pavement or road.

If it is parked on a tarmac drive the skip often leaves an indent if it load is heavily (bricks or soil), also get some decent planks for the skip lorry to rest its feet on otherwise they can gouge the tarmac quite badly. If its a well paved surface it might survive provided the underlying ground is level beneath paving, brick sets are likely to be disturbed though.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Skip Hire - 26th Mar 2015 11:14pm
Ordered a skip or two, recently, clearing Grandads house- cost about £125 each.....word of warning-do not over-fill- they fine you!!!
Posted By: colette_clarke Re: Skip Hire - 27th Mar 2015 12:04am
How long did you get it for ?
Posted By: IanGsi16v Re: Skip Hire - 27th Mar 2015 9:14am
Sorted one from Butlers, £135 for a medium skip for 7 days and being delivered next Friday smile
Posted By: sneakypete Re: Skip Hire - 13th Aug 2015 9:19pm
Yeah try this company - http://northwestskiphire.uk/ i found they had the best skip hire prices on the Wirral. Hope this helps you
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Skip Hire - 14th Aug 2015 11:01am
Not sure why this post has been revisited buy just for info. The builders bags are charged around £50 to £60 to take away. You will need to estimate how much rubble you need to get rid of. Volume and weight.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral