Forums
Posted By: venice Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 10:36am
I want to put 10 pre painted white doors throughout the house . Is is it the client who orders and has doors delivered to the house and then gets in the joiner handyman, or is it usually cheaper/better/more normal to ask the tradesman doing the job to buy them and charge as part of the job.
How much does anyone reckon for 10 inside doors to be fitted? (Have been looking at the £30 each doors in B&Q because I cant find pre painted flush ones)

Does it depend how much has to be cut off the standard door to fit your space?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 10:47am
Hi ,i think you have to include the price for the 'fittings,.eg hinges and handles .(OH is a joiner ,but unable to take on any more work).
Posted By: saltytom Re: Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 11:54am
I generally charge £25 per door to include handles etc, But i'm busy till mid April find a joiner who has an account at Howdens get his discount you will only pay about £20 per door.
Sorry reread your post Howdens (Moreton) may only do primed flush.
If you can not get that price £20 I may be able to put them on my account.
Howdens Moreton 678 5800 they will tell what they stock but not the price I have quoted.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 9:57pm
Check ebay--there was a local guy advertising on there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Interna..._Garden_Doors_LE&hash=item418698fd91
Posted By: Giggler Re: Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 10:21pm
Hi. You could try Paul. He`s a joiner. Has a Howdens account. 07762 637374 Decent and honest.
Posted By: venice Re: Me or the joiner? - 27th Feb 2015 10:49pm
Thanks everyone. That Liverpool guy is cheap fish, but the doors are only primed. Im getting lazy in my old age so Im going to treat myself to ready glossed . Thanks for your offer Tom and your suggestion Giggler . Have actually just decided (I think)on just 2 panel ones Ive seen in Homebase, as they'll collect less dust than the 6 panel. Just have to see now if theyre in our sizes - we have 3 differnent widths smack
© Wirral-Wikiwirral