Forums
Posted By: bizzybee denture replacement - recommendation required - 24th Feb 2015 4:23pm
My husband has been advised by his dentist to replace his partial chrome denture pallet In the past he has needed a couple of repairs to his current pallet but he has never been completely happy with the results. He believes that his dentist is very competent but he is dubious about the company the practice uses for their denture work. Assuming that different dentists use different companies to make their dentures, can anyone recommend a practice, in the Wallasey area, that use a reliable company?
Thanks, BB
The differing dentists 'share' dental technicians, most of whom are self employed. The difficulty is going to be finding out which dentists use which technician but even that isn't clear cut as some dentists use other technicians in reserve to cover busy periods and absences etc. I also rather suspect that costings and profits also come to play with resulting denture work maybe not being as good as some others. I'm sure in some cases privately paid for dental work is better than state funded work, or am i being cynical?
My brother was recommended to Dental Cosmetics in Mount Pleasant Liverpool and was very pleased with the work. I think that they are used by local dentists but unfortunately I dont know which ones. Maybe if you phone them they will let you know.
Sorry. That should read Denture Cosmetics.
Posted By: justice Re: denture replacement - recommendation required - 26th Feb 2015 11:21am
It is up to the dentist to make sure that the denture is of a good standard.Even if you find a good technician the dentist would have to agree to use them and I cannot see them agreeing because it would cost them more.
No question private patients pay for and get better quality plates crowns etc otherwise there would be no point in paying.
Hi,
Have you found a Denture person yet.
I know of one in Liverpool,I think NickLeg could have meant this Man,
He is called Pete and he has a business in Mount Pleasant Liverpool,
He is very good,I'm sure he would come to your house for a consultation,give him a ring.
928 2379.
My point over private patients getting a better service is not one of paying to get better results but rather that NHS patients should expect to get the same service. After all, some people pay for extractions and some don't, the result is the same. Those that have contributed all their working lives but find themselves out of work by the time they need dentures have the same right of service as someone who may be furtunate enough to be in the likes of bupa.
Just asked about a similar thing myself, on the NHS. Was quoted a mind boggling amount of dosh so I'll leave it be. Wasn't chuffed watching that Rumanian getting his gnashers fitted for free on the box last week though, just to rub it in. My own fault for having a second pension I suppose.
Thank you all for your replies so far. My husband has been in contact with the Liverpool company but to have the work done he needs a referral from his dentist. He feels a bit awkward asking he dentist about this but he is prepared to change practices if necessary. So, back to square one.
Can anyone recommend a dental practice who are known to use good quality technicians?
Posted By: venice Re: denture replacement - recommendation required - 27th Feb 2015 10:14am
Originally Posted by justice
It is up to the dentist to make sure that the denture is of a good standard.Even if you find a good technician the dentist would have to agree to use them and I cannot see them agreeing because it would cost them more.
No question private patients pay for and get better quality plates crowns etc otherwise there would be no point in paying.

I agree that could be the case justice, my dentist told me that NHS pays for crowns but because the money they pay only covers crowns made with more economical 'ingredients', you can opt for a better quality one by going private. Whether this is sales bullsh*t or not I dont know for sure .
Originally Posted by bizzybee
My husband has been advised by his dentist to replace his partial chrome denture pallet In the past he has needed a couple of repairs to his current pallet but he has never been completely happy with the results. He believes that his dentist is very competent but he is dubious about the company the practice uses for their denture work. Assuming that different dentists use different companies to make their dentures, can anyone recommend a practice, in the Wallasey area, that use a reliable company?
Thanks, BB

Not sure if you`re sorted now but the dental laboratory on Wheatland Lane and the Dock road are really good. They make new and do repairs. Hope this helps. https://plus.google.com/108852923620335899656/about?gl=uk&hl=en
© Wirral-Wikiwirral