Forums
Posted By: noble78 primary schools near CH44 - 27th Jan 2015 10:15pm
Hi! I'm looking for parent/carer views on primary schools around CH44 area.
We are moving to the area within a few months so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Our lo's are 4 and 2 so ideally need nursery/pre school at the same site.

Many thanks
Posted By: mrhanky Re: primary schools near CH44 - 27th Jan 2015 10:26pm
if you can blag it st georges primary is a good one.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 12:08am
CH44 is quite an expansive area- could you narrow your request down to specific areas??

Posted By: j_demo Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 12:25am
i went to st albans in liscard and it was a good school back then (finished in 99/00) and it looks amazing now, the playground is all modernised and has stuff for the kids to play on/around and places to sit. If we were lucky back then, someone robbed some chalk from a classroom and we would sketch out a circle to play in or something (i had odd friends!)

Otherwise you could check the ofsted reports for here: CLICK ME
Posted By: fish5133 Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 9:29am
Ive done the school crossing patrols on several schools in the CH44 area and as rudebox says its a big area and might be helpful if you narrow it down. The Ofsted tables give you an idea about the schools.(according to Ofsted measurements)
You can learn a lot about going to each school and watching the children go in.
Hate to admit it but social class does have a bearing on the school and its ability to manage and teach and the social interaction between the children. A few rotten apples can spoil it for the others despite the well meaning of the teachers at the school.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 10:07am
liscard primary
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 10:24am
Park primary school.
Posted By: noble78 Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 10:51am
Thanks to all

The house we have seen is inbetween Brighton st, King st and Liscard rd (sorry didn't cross my mind to narrow area!)

I've checked ofsted for Riverside, Sommerville, Egremont, St Josephs and Kingsway but want opinions from actual parents

What is the area like?
Posted By: Giggler Re: primary schools near CH44 - 28th Jan 2015 11:22am
Welcome noble78. Thats how I describe where I live. Between those three. There`s good and bad everywhere. I love it. Neighbours are great. I tell people how lucky I am I`ve got the park one way and the beach the other. Ok neither are night time places but lovely by day.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: primary schools near CH44 - 30th Jan 2015 5:57pm
Have fished in the past around guinea gap baths and the local youth take great delight in lobbing bricks and the like at you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral