Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Re Upholstering - 26th Dec 2014 9:12pm
Has anyone ever had their sofa reupholstered and if so, who did you use and was it much cheaper than buying a new suite?

I have a comfy sofa and chairs and am thinking of getting them recovered rather than buying new, but I don't want to spend a fortune.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Re Upholstering - 27th Dec 2014 10:23am
Prestige Upholstery .. including 3 piece suites, Home 0151 334 9704
Mobile 07780635855
Spotted this morning in Heswall Elizabeth so I got the details for you,it was a new Van too so he must be doing well lol happy
Posted By: saltytom Re: Re Upholstering - 27th Dec 2014 10:50am
Crown furnishings Seaview Road Wallasey.
0151 630 5004 Have used him many times and recommended him dozens of times never a bad word.
40 years experience

A new van means nothing finance is cheap
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Re Upholstering - 27th Dec 2014 11:38am
Thanks for the answers, I'll give them a ring in the new year to get some quotes.
Posted By: venice Re: Re Upholstering - 27th Dec 2014 10:44pm
Member of family had a very old Gplan suite stripped down and re-covered with new foam and modern fabric. Merebrooks West kirby. Cost getting on for nearly as much as a new suite (but she liked the frames shape and size. Looked fabulous when finished. It lasted about 6/7 years with very light use by a skinny person, then when it was moved to a new house with two heavier people,after just 3 mths, the foam seemed to give up the ghost and sink in, all along where your back should be supported . It never recovered and had to be replaced. Having seen that, personally Id never bother reupholstering, Id go for Plumbs covers , or a new suite.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Re Upholstering - 28th Dec 2014 8:23pm
If you go down the new suite route have a look at Sofa Sofa . We had a couple from them 4 years ago as we liked their designs and they seem to be pretty good on price.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral